Chapter 8

Abby's POV:

I look at myself in the mirror I had a white dress in my closet I frown at it then I began searching for something else then I spotted a red dress the color of a rose I smile and put it on then Anita and Maria walked in "Abby you ready- ¡Dios mío!" Anita exclaimed I look at them "Yes?" I asked "You look beautiful!" Maria cheered and hugged me I hug her back.

"That's a lot of red, but you look fabulous in it Abby." She says

I smiled and hug her she hugs me back "Come on let's go." Anita says I follow after Maria as we see Bernardo and another guy "Maria this is Chino he's your date to the dance." Bernardo introduces them to each other I just stand off to the side I mess with my fingers out of nervousness but I ignored it "Lucky." Bernardo says I look at him "Yes?" I replied "You look very pretty." He says I smiled "Thank you." I replied he smiles nodding his head at me "Alright everyone let's go." He says Chino grabs Maria's hand and Bernardo grabbed Anita's then took mine with his other

"Tonight is about family, let's have fun." He says

We all smile and open the doors I look around in awe and the dancing was phenomenal Bernardo smirked at me "Behave alright." He says I nod "Yes sir." I replied playfully he smiles and took Anita to the dance floor Chino and Maria went somewhere else leaving me alone I look around and saw a blonde haired girl in a blue dress by herself I walk over to her "Hi, I'm Abby what's your name?" I asked her she smiles "Graziella but they call me Grazi." She says I smile "It's nice to meet you Grazi." I say "You too Abby." She replies "You alone?" She asks me "Well I don't have a date but I came with my friends." I replied "You?" I asked "Here with my boyfriend." She says "Oh you have a boyfriend? What's his name?" I asked her "Riff." She replies my smile fades "Oh nice, um why are you alone then?" I asked "Tired of dancing." She replies I nod "Alright well I'm gonna go dance so bye." I say "Bye." She says as I walk away "Well there goes my chances of ever getting with-" I walk into someone I look up meeting his eyes "-Riff."