8- Her life, her decision, her rules

Izuku was never good at socializing.

It's not his fault.

At least, not entirely.

His quirklessness made him stunned by his peers and the lack of any social interaction made him awkward with everyone around him. Not to mention that he would rather not talk to anyone at all than having them gang up on him.

The only person he could talk to normally was his mother, but even so, with the amount of lies he tells her and the injures she sees everyday, sometimes the tension between them was, in a way, almost unfriendly.

It was...awkward. It was hard to breathe. That was only sometimes though. Most of the time, they were as happy and friendly as any mother and son would be.

He misses her. He wish their relationship wasn't so... restrained. They weren't as close as they were before he got diagnosed, an he hates that. After all of this, he would go back to her and fix his mistakes. Apologize. And maybe even introduce the league to her.

For now, he needs to stay away. For her safety.

He was never a social person.

After the fight between sensei and All Might, the league gets a little closer. They know that they will have to work on their groupwork seriously if they ever want to achieve their goal, especially with their main powerhouse (All For One) gone.

Recently, Shigaraki, Dabi and Spinner had stopped arguing about Stain. They stopped talking about him in general.

The league are beyond Stain on this point, and continuing to argue over that would prove to be meaningless. They realized that now.

If only they realized that from the beginning.

So why is Izuku fussing about his social skills? It's simple.

He is close to the league. He knows their real names now and will only call them by it if they allow it.

Kurogiri is just called Kurogiri. Izuku knows thats not his real name, but there's no other name he goes by. Mr.Compress wants to be called Mr.Compress because that's who he is. Same goes for Magne, because of her gender identity (he's been misgendering her for days and he feels guilty after he found out even though she said it was fine).

Spinner wants to be called Spinner because he doesn't want to be called by who he was before he got inspired by Stain. Looks like Izuku isn't the only one ashamed of his past.

Himiko doesn't have a villain name. She just uses her real name. She likes it when people call her by her first name, but only with people she likes. Twice is okay with people calling him by his real name too. He's a little strange, but he's a good person. He's okay with Izuku calling him Jin, so there's that.

In short, he's close to almost everyone.

Almost. All except Shigaraki (sensei doesn't count), who Izuku still calls him by his last name. It's weird, since he knew him longer than anyone in the league.

The only person who calls Shigaraki 'Tomura' is Himiko, and she only calls him Tomura because it's her. She calls people whatever she wants, whether they like it or not. It's her thing and everyone accepts it because they know that she wouldn't change her mind no matter what.

So it makes Izuku wonder.

Can I call Shigaraki 'Tomura'?

The thought consumed him. Why hadn't he called Shigaraki 'Tomura' even though he knew him for almost a year now? Why didn't he ask? Was it because it was awkward to ask such a thing?