The Heir

『••✎••』Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.
_________________________________________

Chandler Alexander's P.O.V.

"Father, you called for me?" I ask as i walk inside his office without knocking.

He sit in his swivel chair, pen in his hand and a warm smile on his lips "indeed, have your mother told you about the nearing trial?"

I nodded as i took a sit on the chair infront of his desk "mother have been talking about it nonstop how could i forget?" I answered with one eyebrow raised in a matter of factly tone.

"Well would you blame her? She have dreamed you to be in this very exact position since she gave birth to you, she have every right to be full of glee as the moment will finally come, in just a quarter cycle of earth" his eyes glinting with the light he never lost.

I just stare at him, my gaze unwavering as i listen to his explanation which does not make sense.

He chuckle in return "you're too serious, just like your mom you're basically just the opposite gender of her" his words don't always make sense if its outside the business.

"Im his son father do you expect any less of what i am now?" I question which he answered with a boisterous laugh making me furrow my eyebrow.

Im confuse on too little things and one of those are my father's humor.

"Is this all the reason why i've been summoned?" I asked unamused.

I have more important things to do than to chitchat with him about how sickly inlove he is with mother that he have to tell me how i resemble her everytime he gets.

His laughter seize, his eyes slowly narrowing, showing me the boss that he really is.

"The trial will be held in italia, we received multiple mission and reports about the underground activity, i want you and your team with sheets and papers stating success" i bend my head as a sign of acknowledgement and respect for him and his order.

I am not his son at the moment, i am an agent.

"Consider it done sir" i answer sedately.

Without having any other thoughts, i stood from my sit and bend my head to his direction " ill be going if thats all" walang emosyon kong saad sa kanya.

He chuckle lightly before nodding his head once "if you see your mother tell her to come to my office" pahabol niyang sambit habang palabas na ko ng pinto ng opisina niya.

"Done already?" I nod as i acknowledge the presence beside me as he fall into steps with me after pushing off of the wall where he was leaning back, waiting for me.

Carter, my right hand man and one of the people i trust.

The only son of fathers right hand man which will be his title soon when i step up to take what i worked hard for.

With wide smile and hands loosely pocketed on his slacks as he walk beside me to wherever im going.

He said that its his practice, not a pleasant thing for me to look forward with but i let him be knowing that he'll get it out of his system soon enough.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

I walk down the stairs "grounds" sagot ko.

"Another training?" He ask sounding whiney.