chapter 6

Syere POV

I sit as far as I could in the wagon that held Anubis and I, still frightened from the blank look he wore on his face.

Noticing my desperation for distance he turns his eyes towards me a single brow raising from his forehead.

"How long are you planning to keep this up?"

I ignore him turning my eyes towards the outside of the wagon.

"You wouldn't even let me hug you to bed and you have yet to say a word to me today." He comes closer towards me and I stay composed despite the fear swelling in my chest.

"Are you going to ignore me forever?" He smiles turning me slightly in my seat so his head may perch on my shoulder.

I stay ever silent observing the dark terrain outside.

I hear him huff beside me relieved that he's given up. I shudder softly however when his notorious cold hands brush against my torso and he buries his head in the nape of my neck.

My eyes widened slightly. What the fuck is he doing?

"I wanna hear your voice, I miss it." He murmurs against my neck kissing it.

"If you wish for me to stop then open your mouth and speak." He warns his teeth nipping at my neck while his hands brushed lower down my sides.

Despite begging him to touch me, I struggled to keep my composure. This wasn't what I had in mind.

He sucks on a weak spot of mine cutting my thoughts short as I struggled to keep quiet.

"I guess teasing you like this is futile, you've been craving this right? A distraction." He mutters in my ear licking the shape of it and I almost visibly melt.

His hand shifts entering the skirt I wore causing my eyes to widen grabbing his hand to stop him.

Did I forget to mention Ammit was in this wagon with us as well?

Although she had left us to sit with the driver she could return at any moment as there was only a curtain separating us from her and the driver infront.

"Aren't you gonna say stop?" He challenged lowly behind me touching my clit with his fingers.

I almost let out a small moan from his touch my grip on his arm tightening.

"Seems you're really determined not to say a word to me..." He falls quiet before turning my head to the side forcing me to look at him.

"Then maybe I should opt to just fucking you right here and risk getting caught, not like they'd care much—"

I break. "No."

He smirks when I finally spoke. "Oh? You're speaking to me now?"

I glare in return brushing him off. "Whatever."

His hand still buried in my skirt suddenly moves once again startling me and I hum out softly feeling his fingers rubbing circles around my clit.

"Why the fuck are you still...touching?" I huff.

"Because you haven't told me stop." He kisses on my neck once again his finger slipping inside me.

My stomach tightens at the sudden penetration causing me to bite my lip in an effort to keep in my voice.

I accidentally let out a moan when he pushes his finger deeper.

"Mhm ha~" I pant softly.

"You're so wet already. Is my wife perhaps the sensitive type?" He raises a brow.

I glare at him. "I'm not."

So why is my body acting this way?

He glances outside the wagon. "We're almost there."

I grab his wrist. "Then stop."

"No we can finish before we arrive." He assures.

I chuckle amused at his confidence. "You're not gonna make me cum before we arrive so might as well stop."

His eyes fall on me. "You think so?"

•••

We walk into the temple quietly as I struggled to gather my pride beside Anubis.

I shudder thinking back to how much of a mess I became just from his fingers alone.

Fuck I want more.

We stop suddenly infront a door as it opens slowly revealing a sun room and a single throne right below that sat a man.

Everyone bows except Anubis and I follow after clumsily. The man chuckles rising from his throne slowly making his way down towards us.

"Hello father." Anubis spoke.

"Hello son, I hope you and your new wife are fairing well?" He smiles turning his eyes towards me.

"Hello Syere."

"Hi." I respond flatly but quickly realized something important.

"You're the person responsible for betrothing me to your son." I glare. 

My rudeness doesn't seem to bother him as he simply smiles.

"I am, you may call me Ra or father in law." He grins at me.

"I'm very excited to see what the future brings about for the two of you. Maybe I'll finally get those grandchildren of mine." He coaxed.

"We're not having kids." Anubis flattens.

"And frankly I don't like them very much." I shrug.

His father's face turns sour but doesn't comment further.

However someone else does.

"If I may ask what is her value if she can't have or won't bear your children?"

My eyes snap towards the person responsible for that misogynistic comment, annoyance clear on my face.

It was another jackal similar in color and size like Anubis.

"I find it funny that you're commenting on a woman's value when you've yet to have a wife or even a girlfriend of your own for the past 100 years brother." Anubis's reprimands briskly.

"Because I'm busy doing my job instead of playing house with mortals." His brother retorts with a scowl.

Anubis gaze turns icy but he seems to ignore his brother turning to his father once again.

"What exactly did you call me here for?"

"There's been some rather grim attacks lately on the new passing souls, some of which are becoming corrupted."

"Isn't it your job to clear the passage way for the dead? But you're doing your job right?" Anubis glances at his brother.

"It's Chaos, Apophis, he's returned."

Anubis pulls me into his side his large hands hugging my waist closely.

"And why exactly are you telling me this for?" He questions his father becoming visibly annoyed.

"Because he seems to have taken an interest in your fiancé here. I'm sure you know why."

Anubis arms seemed to tense around me and he lets me go.

"Do you mind talking about this with the girl here or would you prefer to do this in private?" Ra raised a brow glancing at me.

"Of course he'd mind unless he wants this new fiancé of his to know about that incident." His brother comments.

I raise a brow. "What incident?"

"Alright." Anubis agreed

My question is ignored and Anubis quickly escorts me out the room.

"Ammit attend to her while I discuss matters with my father."

Before I can say anything else he shuts the door on me leaving me with Ammit.