Chapter 7 | Suspicions

Kaigaku's POV

"In the report it was mentioned that one of his gloves were damaged in the fight, so he'll be out of commission for a few days trying to get it repaired if he doesn't already have a backup, and we all know how the market for illegal weapons is, it'll take even longer getting a new pair than just fixing it himself" Rengoku said from the head of the table.

I stood in the back of the room, hugging the wall. There were a few other seniors in the room, though only the top students were here in the meeting. There were official agents sitting at the table, watching Rengoku as he briefed everyone on the latest news concerning one of the most wanted criminals in the city.

He had already started a crime board with string running from picture to picture, to battle reports and news articles.

When the meeting was over I headed out of the building with the other students who had been invited to attend the first debriefing of the new task force. I had been offered a position on the task force, it was a small one but it was a position that only me and two other seniors had been offered. Which means I was taking it.

"I want all the certified repair shops in the city to alert the agency whenever they encounter a pyro-mechanical repair or anything related" he continued.

___

"It was pretty cool" I nodded as I waited at the table.

"Good for you Kaigaku" Gramps said happily, "I'm happy for you"

"That's great" Zenitsu mumbled absentmindedly as he sketched on a piece of paper, "Super fun"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "What are you even doing that you seem like you're in a different universe?" I scoffed as I reached over the table and ripped the sheet of paper away from him.

"Hey, give that back!" he yelled as he shot out of his chair.

"Are these plans?" I asked as I turned away when he reached over to take it back from me.

"It's none of your business!" he yelled and reached over again to try and grab it. I got up and ran to the other side of the kitchen counter to get away from him to get a better look at the picture. He followed me of course but that bought me some time to see what he was drawing.

"Woah, these are plans for a pyro-mechanical glove aren't these?" I asked, "What are you planning?"

"It's nothing, it's a sketch for art class!" he protested.

"What are you doing that requires a detailed sketch of something that's considered an illegal material for you?" I asked with a raised brow.

"That's none of your business!" he yelled again as he ran to me to try and get the sketch.

"And what's with these measurements?" I asked in a mocking voice, "You're not planning to do anything illegal, are you Zenitsu?"

Gramps put down his spatula and turned to look at Zenitsu, he raised a brow at him.

"Of course not, I just want my drawing back" he huffed as he crossed his arms.

"Then why the measurements?" I asked, suspicious of him.

"It helps me visualize the right shape and size to make everything, it helps give me perspective to make the drawing more realistic" he said as he tossed his head to the side.

'Why are you avoiding eye contact?' the fleeting thought passed through quickly but it was there.

"There's no way your hand is this big, you've got little baby hands" I chuckled as I looked more closely at the measurements, though they looked like measurements for muscle receptors, but even then they were too big for him.