Chapter 21 | The Laundromat

Tanjirou's POV

I woke up with him curled up in my arms.

My bed smelled like peach soap and it was never cold anymore. I smiled to myself as I thought about last night and suddenly I became embarrassed. I sighed and looked over to him, he was snoring slightly next to me.

So I just laid there, staring at him. He stirred slightly, I pushed the hair over his forehead back and leaned in to press a kiss against his pale skin.

I laid back and smiled at him, a small smile started to tug at the corners of his mouth and he opened his beautiful amber eyes to stare into my own. A blush formed over my face.

"Good morning" he mumbled, then he sat up and yawned while rubbing at his sleepy eyes. The cuddling between us has become a natural occurrence.

"Good morning" I said as I stayed laying back in bed.

"What's the plan for today?" he asked as he pushed the covers off himself and got out of bed. Immediately I missed his warmth next to me.

"I don't know, though there is somewhere we might go," I said.

"Really, where?" he asked.

"I think it's a laundromat now" I said, "Though I don't really know"

"What does that mean?" he asked.

"I'll explain if we end up going" I said as I finally started getting up.

He sighed, "Well then let's go, we should do laundry anyway"

"If we're in need of a laundry machine there are some on the ground floor of the building" I told him.

"Yeah but I've never been to a laundromat before and we'll be paying the same amount, might as well use this as an excuse to go on an adventure" he said brightly.

'He sure recovered fast since last night. Maybe it was the kiss?' I thought to myself.

I nodded, "Alright, though let's have breakfast first. I also have to set up a meeting with someone regarding those sword pieces that we were discussing the other day"

He beamed, "Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that"

"You sure seem chipper this morning, I thought you weren't a morning person?" I asked.

He blushed, "Well um" he stutters slightly, "It's hard to explain kind of, I'm just so happy... after last night, somehow it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders"

His words made my face heat up too and we both stayed quiet for a moment, then I decided to break it.

"I'm glad that you feel the same way, I think I've felt like that for a while but didn't realize it until recently" I mumbled.

"Yeah, it was like that for me too" he smiled, "So I guess now you have double responsibility, keeping me out of trouble and being my boyfriend" he sighed playfully.

I felt completely stunned at the comment and froze up immediately, "Um, if you want me too... I think I can handle the responsibility"

"Of course I want you too, that's why I said it, dummy" he stuck his tongue out at me playfully.

___

We held hands on the way to the train and on the train ride towards the center of the city where there were the most bustling people and places. He leaned against my shoulder for the ride and I found it comforting. I hadn't been there in a while, that old building. We carried garbage bags filled with our clothes as well. I had checked online and it had indeed been turned into a laundromat.