Chapter 17 | Aesthetic Stationary

Zenitsu's POV

I couldn't really sleep that night, I thought the soup made me feel ill. But really I didn't feel ill, just strange almost.

He wasn't really helping either. He had snuggled up against my back and started spooning me. Not that I was complaining, it was nice to be held. I felt myself blush and my heart started to race. I sighed and finally turned over, I settled into his chest and finally I felt a little better. Then I was able to sleep.

___

"I'm going out again today" he said as I was getting changed behind the curtain after taking a warm shower.

"Are you going to get drunk again?" I asked playfully.

"I don't know, though probably not this time," he said.

I changed into a fresh set of clothes. Inosuke had managed to pack me a pretty good bag, it had a good amount of clothes, a tooth brush, a hair brush, some sweaters, pajamas and some other stuff.

I sighed in relief, the clothes were soft and nice pastel colours. And they were clean clothes (naturally) so they smelled rather nice. I felt fresh. It'd been a few days now that I had stayed with him, though I couldn't stop thinking about everything I'd left behind. Gramps and my friends, my education. I was supposed to have a science quiz today, I wonder what I would've gotten on it?

"What's wrong? You look worried" he asked.

"I'm just worried about school, I have a feeling I'll be missing a lot of school in the next while" I explained.

"Well I don't think you'll be gone that long" he said, "Though if you're really worried you could take some online courses while you're here"

"Yeah but that sounds lame" I sighed.

"You'll be back by the end of the year" he said as he texted someone on his phone.

"How do you know?" I asked him.

"I plan to return to society and find my sister as soon as I get my revenge" he said, "And there's a rumour going around that Muzan's going to be in the city soon"

"Are you going to find him?" I asked.

"I'm trying to get a lead, I have a mountain of favours to call in so I'll be busy for the next few days" he said, "Also, I have a meeting with a supplier regarding those sword pieces we talked about"

"Already?" I asked in surprise, "I figured people who dealt illegal materials would be harder to get a hold of"

"They go where the money is, also, it's not the first time I've worked with some of them" he said as he continued texting, "Also concerning those other materials you mentioned, pencils and papers and all that stuff. How 'bout I just give you some money and you go off into the city"

"Is that really ok though? What if I get caught or something?" I asked a little cautiously.

"Just go whenever there's the most people, it'll be a lot easier to get away in a crowd if you're spotted" he told me. I nodded, though I felt uneasy. I relied on his protection, but now I had to toughen up.

"But like, don't hesitate to call or text" he said as he looked over at me and smiled softly, "Though I'm sure you'll be fine"

___

He left me some money and went off to his business meeting. I didn't feel like staying cooped up inside, plus it was kind of a nice day. I still had the mask from the other day, and I wore a boring beige sweater, something unnoticeable. I also took one of his hats. A grey cap that covered my bright blonde hair.