34🌶️

[MATURE 18+]

avery pov
a few weeks later

I let out a deep sighed, "what the actual fuck.." I said as I buried my head in my hands. I sat in the silence of the office for a minute before hearing marshall's laugh echo down the hallway. "hey, does someone need a little pick me up?"

I swiveled my chair to see him standing in the doorway of the office, with one hand shoved in his pocket while the other held an iced coffee. a small smile had curved my lips, "for me..?" I asked as he nodded. 

"only if you're working hard, sweet girl" he said as he set the drink on the desk before pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "always, you know there's never a dull moment" I said as he sat down in the empty rollie chair next to me, pulling me closer to him.

"how's it been since cutting ties with the cowboys bullshit, calmer?" marshall asked. I nodded, "I can actually focus on running my business, from my business and have my hands in pretty much everything here"

"hey, why are you not at the studio, mr.mathers?" I asked. he let out a sigh, "i'm in the middle of trying to finish a couple songs but keep scratching out everything I write... which to me, means that I need to walk away for a bit"

I nodded, before he intertwined my fingers with him. "baby, hypothetically how would you feel about going to michigan for a bit?" marshall asked cautiously. I shrugged, unsure how to answer the question. 

"I mean, with everything that has happened here in a span of a few months.. I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind" I admit. marshall chewed at his lip, trying to hide the smile that was starting to form.

"also, a little birdie told me more than a handful of times that they'd really like to see you again" he said as I let out a belly laugh. "I assume that the little birdie you're referring to you, is alaina or stevie" I said as he nodded, pulling me into his lap.

"how does getting us on the first flight out sound, sweet girl?" marshall asked, brushing his nose against mine. I let out a small smile, "I think it sounds like a plan, mr.mathers" I said, as I pressed my lips to his before allowing his tongue access to mine. 

"hey ave- oh, c'mon you guys. stop making out in the one room where I eat my lunch" samantha said as she walked into the office, scrunching her face in disgust. "what do you mean, it was just a harmless kiss" I fought, knowing it wasn't. 

"oh please, he was practically sucking on your tonsils.." samantha said as marshall and I let out belly laughs. "alright, alright that's my cue to go. i'll see you later, sweetie" marshall said as he stood up, pressing a kiss to my skin before walking out. 

minutes later samantha snapped at me, "hey, are you even listening to me? i'm trying to explain number of sales, and profits here" samantha said as my happiness quickly faded. "marshall and I are goin' to michigan for a while" I deadpan. 

she let out an irritated sigh, "you know, I had a feelin' this was comin'. as soon as shit hit the fan with ryan and your grandfather, and you stepping back from the cowboys it was only a matter of time" she said as I pressed my tongue to my cheek. 

"there are things that marshall and myself are still desperately trying to pick up the pieces from, but we can't cause shit keeps happening. and why are you so mad? it's like, me trying to heal is just a big inconvenience to you"