𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 67.

That night they stayed inside so Makayla could tell him everything.

About Jesse's death and David and of course leaving out a few details just so Joel wouldn't get mad.

...

It was morning now. Makayla pulled away from Joel's tight grasp, letting him keep sleeping as she went to take a shower and get dressed.

She was tightening her belt when she felt it, the biggest discomfort.

She was close to throwing up as she grabbed the rest of her stuff and ran to the downstairs bathroom so Joel wouldn't hear it.

She knelt down and started puking.

It was fast but she still felt nauseous. She flushed and sat back on her knees, breathing hard as she brushed her thick dark hair back.

Tears were trying to escape her eyes already and she let a few of them fall.

She hated how emotional she was during the pregnancy already but she was also still scared as hell to tell Joel.

She stood up, brushed her teeth again and left to breathe in some fresh air.

The people in the streets noticed her right away but she quickly walked down the street and right to Dina's house, not giving anyone the chance to approach her and try ask questions.

Makayla knocked and it didn't take Dina long to answer.

She gave Makayla a tired smile as Makayla entered, quietly clapping her hands together.

She scanned the inside of the house before Dina walked to the kitchen and Makayla followed her saying,

"...How you doing?" She carefully asked and Dina knew what she was reffering to.

"Still can't believe it but better than before." Her eyes were puffy from crying and she sighed before adding "His tombstone is getting done already."

Makayla nodded, "Yeah it's- good to have a reminder of him. The whole Jackson will miss him." She said, making Dina close her eyes and take a deep breath.

"I'll have to sort a few things on the square but- can you stop by tomorrow please?"

"Okay. I'll walk you." Makayla nodded and Dina nodded back, agreeing as she grabbed her jacket.

Makayla walked Dina where she needed to go and went to check on Sierra and the others.

...

"So you didn't tell him yet?"

"I couldn't." Makayla shook her head.

They were sitting on a wooden bench

They were sitting on a wooden bench. The sun was shining although the wind was strong.

"Just take your time." Sierra spoke and Makayla looked at her before Sierra spoke again,

"Soo you didn't tell me about Joel being one fine ass man." She laughed making Makayla laugh too.

"No seriously. He's older than you and hot. You won a damn jackpot." Sierra nagged and Makayla looked at her with a smirk before bursting out into a laugh again. Sierra was right.

But Makayla's mood changed as soon as she noticed Tina in the distance talking to Maria.

Tina as if felt Makayla's eyes on her. She turned her face to look at her and their gazes met.

Makayla frowned.

"What's wrong?" Sierra asked looking where Makayla was.

Tina suddenly frowned too and walked off, turning around as if she wanted to make sure Makayla followed.

"I'll talk to you later." Makayla said, not taking her eyes off of Tina as she got up to go after her.

She walked into the empty house that stood at the end of Jackson.

There was a lit light in the kitchen. The windows were covered so it was dark inside.

Tina was standing there with her arms crossed on her chest.

The floor squealed under Makayla's boot and Tina's head shot up.

She snorted, "You just had to come back didn't you?" The tone in her voice was bitter.

Makayla didn't respond she was just watching Tina lean against the table, raging.

"Are you gonna just stand there like the stupid little girl you are?!" She cursed under her breath and Makayla slowly almost lazily walked up to her from behind leaning against the table too as she looked at her with a smile,

"I think it's time to admit Joel doesn't want you. And I swear Tina- if you ever try to get between the three of us- I won't hold back. Understood?"

Tina looked at her as Makayla pushed herself off the table and just now she understood what Makayla said

Her eyes wide, watching in silence as Makayla left the house.

...

She walked back home and when she opened the door the smell of fresh cooked food made her eyes close. It smelled so good.

"I made ya breakfast." Joel said, cleaning his hands in the sink.

He turned to look at her, "Did something happen?" He asked, his eyebrow furrowed as he asked that.

"Joel." Makayla said, gulping hard when her eyes dragged down Joel's shirtless self.

His chest and abs hard as a rock. His muscles were flexing with every tiny movement and the veins on his arms visible.

She tried so hard to restrain herself.

"I need to tell you somethi-"

"Howdy you two." The door was pushed open by Tommy as he stood in the doorframe.

Makayla rolled her eyes with a sigh..

Great fucking timing Tommy..

"Sorry to just barge in, Joel I need you outside. There's a group of infected that's gettin' too close to Jackson. And put some fuckin' shirt on would ya." Tommy cursed with a wink and shut the door.

Makayla looked back at Joel who already grabbed a shirt and put it on.

Bye bye Godview...

Her eyes met his as he walked over to her, placing his palms on both sides of her arms.

"Be careful." Makayla said and he smirked down at her,

"I always am baby. Eat somethin' I'll be right back." He kissed her forehead, making her close her eyes and then he left.

Leaving her there with her eyes still closed, imagining his presence and the  scent of him still there.