Chapter 14- Elveses

****Content Warning: Contains Love Scene****

----

"Do you have everything you need?" said the king to Feren.

We stood in the courtyard, discussing a great feast for the wedding of our honored Servant and the Captain of the Guard.

"Some of it, but we are short a few things. Might we travel to the port city?" Feren asked.

"Yes, we will bring a party. It is no longer safe to travel with only a few. I will come along, as well."

"Yes, thank you, My Lord."

"Shall I come? I would like to," I said.

"If you desire it, Sweet One. But you shall not go off on your own this time," said Thranduil, narrowing his eyes meaningfully. After the instance with the drunken mortals when last we visited, I knew he would be on high alert now. "Though it begs saying... the mortals are to be reacquainted with the Elvenqueen, and you must show them your strength."

"And how shall I do that?"

"Your very presence must command it," he said. "And you must fight as a queen fights, if needed. There will be no drunken mortal dares cross your path who does not show respect. Where are my swords...Feren? We have not practiced in a while."

Feren went to fetch some swords and I frowned.

"I wear a dress," I complained. "You would fight me in a dress?"

"Oh, I am sorry, My Love," he raised an eyebrow. "It slipped my mind that your enemy should wait for you to change into fighting clothes prior to attack."

"Thranduil..."

"Laewyn..."

I pouted a second longer, then, "Oh, all right."

"I have been too easy on you in recent days."

"That is because I was captured by orcs, and we haven't left our chamber for two days," I said, blushing at my own words.

The king, however, smirked very deeply. "Indeed."

Feren returned with weapons and gave one to each of us.

Then Thranduil flipped his impressively and said, "A queen must know her full strength, for her people depend upon it. I need you to remember yourself. You will hold your head high, and when necessary, you must show no mercy. Now, more than ever, you must be a warrior of the Woodland realm."

Then he took a swipe at me, but I was ready and I blocked him. He nodded his approval, then he lunged forward once more.

Again I blocked him.

He did not respond in words, only tilted his head subtly, smiling. "Have you been practicing behind my back?"

"I have not. But perhaps I've recalled a bit of my former self."

"Hmh."

There was a devious look in his eyes, and then he came at me with a force, more fully than ever he had before. If I doubted that he held back in the past, it was confirmed for me now.

I was shocked at the ferocity of it, but did everything I could to meet his barrage, though he nearly knocked me from my feet more than once, and I'd have been terrified if my heart wasn't pounding out of my chest with excitement, and if his look of enjoyment wasn't effecting me in a way I hadn't anticipated.