12. Unspoken Words

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

Brooke wages his tail in happiness as we walk down the quiet and cool streets. I laugh, watching his happy state.

Since we've been cooped up in the house for way too long, I decided to take a stroll today. It's already mid-day, but the sun isn't roasting our skin, so it's more relaxing to take a stroll.

Besides, Brooke deserves that much, the only time he's left the house aside going to Emily's, is to go to the backyard. My steps quickens, trying to match his own as I hold his leash.

He's really excited and so am I.

After yesterday's encounter with Weston and the guys, I felt what I have long forgotten. I felt wanted.

Not alone or sad.

Not drowning or fighting past thoughts. I completely felt free around them and even when I was still guarded and didn't wanna open up so much, everything went freely.

Nothing was forced, it just flowed freely.

An elderly man waves at me as we walk past his house. I wave back with a simple smile. He's occupying himself by levelling his lawn. Others are outside too and I got a few more waves.

Brooke and I make our way back home and immediately we arrive, my phone rings.

"Ivy." I say first.

"Hey." She sounds happy.

"Are you free?" She ask with eagerness laced in her voice.

"Yes. I'm actually more free than I would like to admit." I chuckle at the fact of my word. I hear her laugh on her side, before she speaks again.

"I'm coming over. Send me your address." She spoke so quick, not giving me a chance to register what she just said.

"See you!" She exclaims right after and all I could get out was, "okay," before hanging up.

I have no idea why she's coming over or what we will do, so I don't even know what to do. I can't even remember the last time I had a girl friend, it feels like ages.

Some minutes after, I hear the doorbell ring and my eyes widen in surprise. God she's fast.

I open the door already knowing it's her.

"You're here alre—" She cuts me off by squeezing me in a tight hug. I think I need to put a sign on my body that says 'I hate hugs.'

"Wow!" Ivy takes in the view of my home before her eyes.

"This is your crib?" She steps inside, scanning the living room with an amused expression. I let out a little laugh at her face.

"Yeah it's just me, Brooke and this big ass house." Ivy and I walk further into the house before she turned to face me.