26. Bunch Of Grown-ups

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

I run into Asa's arms with the biggest smile on my face. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He staggers at the force in which I hugged him with.

"You're squeezing the life outta me Skylar." I chuckle at his pained voice.

"And that's one way to welcome me." He says with struggle and I finally let him breathe.

His chocolate brown hair is a bit unkept, with growing stubble on his face. He has deep brown eyes like mine. We pretty much have the same height, well until I wear heels.

"When did you become such a hugger?" He rubs both sides of his arm and I laugh. If anyone knows about my hatred for hugs, it's Asa.

I ignore his statement and proceed to open the front door. "You know an heads-up would be good next time." I point out to my cousin.

"And ruin the surprise? No thanks." Asa drags his suitcase and enters the house.

"So you prefer standing outside for God knows how long?" I chuckle and turn on the lights. Everywhere lights up, brightening the dim space.

"Oh wow." Asa drags out, walking towards me. I thought it was the house he was marvelling at, but his eyes were running over me like some x-ray scanner.

"You got new tats." I have on short shorts, so it's very easy to see the new inks on my laps. It's still red and painful, but like always, the pain will subside.

"You like?" I make some kinda princess pose, which makes him laugh.

"I love." I flip my fingers to show him the ones I got there too. He finally stops gazing and examining my new tattoos.

"I called you like a million times, where were you?" Asa calmly attacks.

He slumps on a couch, throwing his denim jacket off and kicking his jordans, which flew to a corner around the fireplace.

"I was out with West and my phone died." I take my place besides him. He rest his head on top my lap, making me wince in pain.

"What?" He questions ignorantly.

"Freshly made tattoos knuckle head." I point down to my lap.

He waves me off, not caring that I was probably dying to death.

"Wait West? As in Weston?" He sits up abruptly to look at me.

I nod my head, but the smile that emerged his face was enough to make me run away.

"Spill." That was all Asa said with his weird ass smile and I began telling him everything.

By the time I was done laying out everything, Asa was slack-jawed. I had to bring my hand up to his chin to close his mouth.

"Oh don't be so dramatic." I roll my eyes at him and he throws me a 'What did you just say bitch?' face.

"No wonder you're all happy, glowing and shit." Asa beams.