19. Chaos

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since the night Weston left me and hasn't spoken to me.

I've tried not to think about it but honestly, I'm way past the point of fighting with my mind.

For the first time in my life, I actually wish I had a job that wasn't online because if I maybe had some kind of work that requires me leaving the house, I wouldn't think about Weston so much.

After my constant attempt of trying to reach him the first week, I stopped since I got no response back. The heavy feeling of what I've chosen not to believe is becoming more easier to believe everyday that passes.

Even with what Ivy told me about him going back home to Chicago, because their Dad urgently asked for him for a business and family matter, I couldn't help but think that she wasn't being totally honest.

If it was something related to that, it shouldn't be a reason for Weston to constantly avoid me like the way he's doing.

I feel sad, like really sad. Sad because I'm afraid that someone who I'm trying so hard to believe is different from everyone who has left me is actually not.

Enough with this!

"Nope." I shut my laptop and stand up from the couch.

"Not today." I force a large smile on my face, looking over to Brooke who is staring at me with what I'm sure is concern to my sudden movement.

"I'm not gonna think and overthink today Brooke." I point my fingers at him like I'm giving him a lecture and he whines in response.

My poor baby.

"No more moping around, looking like the Walking dead." If someone was to walk in on me right now, they would think I'm a psychopath, talking to my dog who can't talk back.

Well luckily for me, Brooke barks in response even if he doesn't understand, but that's more than enough for me.

He has been my biggest comfort for this past two weeks, which also made me cuss at myself for affecting him with my sadness. Just like me, he has been quiet and he even refused to go to Emily's.

But like I said, today we are not gonna mope around in this house. I hardly know what to do for fun but some fresh air will do.

I change into a flimsy dress, walked out of the house, locked the door behind me and got into my car. Brooke hurries inside the passengers seat, which brought a soft smile to my face. I'm glad to see that he's already getting excited and in no doubt is gonna love where we are going.

 I'm glad to see that he's already getting excited and in no doubt is gonna love where we are going