5. Ding-Dong

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

"No Brooke you can't eat that." I yank off the pan of freshly baked brownies I just made that was on the Island before Brooke could slip one in his mouth. I quickly cut up some fruits snacks and place it in his bowl.

"Here you go." He traces my hand until the bowl lands on the ground as he follows suite, leaving the long wooden chair he has been sitting in.

I place my brownies in a plate before moving to the living room. I continue binge watching The Office as I sit comfortably in my couch that I've self declared married to for the past week.

My life routine has continued for another week, which is me doing the same thing for three weeks now, since I moved in. I'm slowly starting to get use to it.

After all, I was living an isolated, unsocial life for some years. I really don't know what I was expecting and infact, why I'm complaining.

I wasn't really focused on the show I was watching, so I switched off the TV when I was done eating. I decide to do one of my favourite and loved activity since I'm free, like always.

I change into black yoga pants paired with a black sports bra when I get to my room. I place the yoga mat close to my see-through glass and fix my earbud in my ear before laying down.

I do a couple of poses as the sweet melody of SYML music plays reposefully, sinking into my ears. I made a playlist just for his songs. From his songs to the yoga exercise brings tranquillity to me like nothing else.

I take a quick shower after ending the yoga section, before heading back to the living room. A call comes from my laptop that's on the Island, easily catching my attention immediately I arrive downstairs.

I walk up to it, expecting to see my Dad or Asa's name on the caller ID since they are the only people that call me but it was none of them. Much rather someone I haven't heard from in a long time.

I pick up the call to come face to face with a very excited looking Davis.

"Skylar!" He beams immediately he sees me. I can't tell if the excitement is because we haven't spoken or seen each other in a long time or because I actually answered.

"Davis." I try to match his enthusiastic state but my expression wasn't giving off so much.

"It's been so long. How are you?" The smile that's plastered on his face is never ending.

"I'm good." I take my laptop from the Island and move to the living room.

I don't fail to notice Davis's office at the background that I'm quite familiar with. From where my eyes can reach, nothing has changed and it also applies to him.

His ginger hair is still as vibrant as the very first day I met him. He has on his glasses that makes him look overly professional. He looks like he has aged a little though.