Chapter Two: The Village of Monsters

"GET ON THIS ROW BOAT BEFORE I GO TO THAT ISLAND WITHOUT YOU" Leilani shouted. 

"I'M TRYING" Yuno yelled back at her "THAT'S KINDA HARD TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING HEADACHE, HARD PIXIE LIQUER HITS DIFFERENT." 

"JUST GET IN, I DON'T WANT TO BE IN THIS TINY BOAT ANY LONGER THAN I HAVE TO."

Yuno let out an irritated groan that was more like a scream, just before she hopped into the rowboat.

They made Mursai row them to shore, which wasn't too much of a hassle considering he was almost entirely muscle mass, in addition to such he most certainly enjoyed being helpful. 

Koko had a messenger bag full of various drugs and a flower crown. Yuno had about five different types of alcohol and a joint she stole from Koko. Leilani was able to store anything in the void, magic deity things I suppose, so she had packed all the essentials, food, first aid kit, weapons. 

Once they made it to shore, Mursai and Yuno pulled the boat further onto shore so it wouldn't float away if the tides came in.

"Is anyone else getting a weird vibe from this forest?" Koko asked, "It just seems, off ."

"I'm sure it's not that bad, plus if it is bad, we have a dragon, a demon, a shapeshifting pixie who carries adrenaline shots for everyone, and me," Leilani answered, choosing not to mention how she too felt the same. She then handed everyone water and took away Yuno's alcohol supply.

"I just feel like people have been hurt here, you know?" Koko continued. 

"Well in that case let's stop people from being hurt here ever again." Leilani's voice was much more stern as she said this, she truly meant it, and Koko didn't doubt it for a second. 

Their conversation was interrupted by Yuno quickly turning her head to the cluster of bushes to their right.

She squinted her eyes, trying to figure out what was there. It wasn't until he was running towards her that she realized who it was.

"Sakane?" She yelled as she ran towards him, her arms spread wide for a hug.

Koko, Leilani and Mursai looked at each other in confusion.

Yuno jumped into Sakanes arms, the sound of their laughter could be heard throughout the entire beach. Yuno hadn't known the last time she saw the hyena-like boy, more like man as she saw him now. 

Eventually Sakane set her down and they both started walking towards everyone else, who at the time were simply standing there, more confusion displayed on their face than normal. 

"Sakane these are my friends, friends meet Sakane." Sakane rubbed the back of his neck as Yuno introduced him to everyone.

"Hello Sakane, I'm Leilani." She waved at him, trying to break the ice just a bit. 

"Hello Leilani." He waved back. He looked at Mursai, suddenly insecure, "and you are?"

"I'm Mursai, it's very nice to meet you Sakane." Mursai waved his hand excitedly. 

Sakane was surprised by how friendly Mursai was, he had expected him to be more foreboding.

"It's nice to meet you to Mursai." Sakane smiled softly, then looked at Koko, who had turned her attention back to the forest. 

Leilani nudged Koko, trying to get her attention back to where it needed to be. 

"Hm what? I didn't give drugs to a squirrel, you saw nothing," She said as she closed her messenger bag.