Chapter Eight: Reunion

"ATTENTION EVERYONE." Leilani shouted out. "I AM GOING TO SET UP A MEDICAL TENT FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS IMMEDIATE CARE."

She sighed and turned to Koko, "when we stopped on this island I expected stealing from corrupted elites or something, not saving a few dozen people from a racist village."

"Expect the unexpected with us as a crew." Koko responded.

They exchanged a few more words before Leilani went off to set up the med tent.

"I think we both know what the med tent is really going to be used for." Koko winked at Mursai.

"For medical assistance?" When will anyone learn that Mursai will never, ever understand suggestive jokes.

"Nevermind," Kokko sighed.

A few paces behind them, Leilani was lecturing Sakane and Yuno on what not to use the med tent for. She knew they weren't going to listen in the long run but at least she can say she tried.

For a moment, it was peaceful. Koko wasn't complaining about the burns on her hands from the soup, everyone was eating and being cared for, Leilani wasn't being worshiped by racist villages, and Mursai felt safe.

A pair of people came out from the forest. They looked confused.

It was a man, he had a scar over his left eye, a few gray hairs over his fluffy black hair, and a pair of white bunny ears.

The other person, a tall woman with platinum blonde hair and a fitting purple-gray dress. She wore sunglasses but you could somehow still feel the pierce of her stare.

Leilani walked away from the now vigorously shaking 'med tent', and squinted at the newcomers.

"Well," she turned towards Koko and Mursai, "why don't you two come greet our new guests with me?"

"Ugh," Koko whined.

"I think it will be fun," Mursai added.

"Fine, but only because I don't want to be near the love birds in the med tent."

"Fair enough," Leilani said, as she walked off to greet Fujita and Lady Iris.

Mursai and Koko followed her.

"Welcome to Valhalla," Leilani said jokingly.

"Funny, I always imagined it to be bigger." Fujita replied.

"Im Leilani," she stuck out her hand.

"Fujita," he grabbed her hand and shook it.

"It's nice to meet you Fujita, this is Koko and Mursai." she gestured to her companions, who were making conversation with lady iris.

Leilani cleared her throat to get their attention.

"Huh- oh," Koko said, she approached Fujita, "Captain Koko, pleased to meet your acquaintance."

"Captain?" Fujita raised an eyebrow.

Koko shrugged, "being hundreds of years old has its perks."

"I supposed I assumed dragon boy over here to be the captain." He glanced at Mursai.

"He's intimidating," Lady Iris chimed in, "but he wouldn't hurt a fly."

"Leilnai can she stick around? She's so cool." Koko asked.

"We just met her, Koko," she turned to Lady Iris, "hi, im Leilani."

"Call me Lady Iris, and I have to say, Koko is quite interesting as well. It's been quite some time since I've met someone nearly as old as I am."

Just then, Fujita spotted two people emerge from the med tent, one with horns like magma, and bright red hair. The other with scraggly long brown hair and hyena-like ears.

"Yuno?"

"Do you know her?" Leilani asked looking at Yuno, "she's our shipright."

Before Leilani could provide any other explanation, or background information. Fujita ran off.

"You find out that we're dating and you immediately decide to rail me-" she was cut off by fujita hugging her and lifting her up.

He set her down and faced her and Sakane.

"I can't believe you're both here."

Yuno didn't know what to say, she hadn't seen Fujita in years. Was she still upset at him for abandoning her and Sakane?

"WHAT WERE YOU TWO THINKING,"

"ah, there it is," Sakane sighed.

"DOING SUCH UNHOLY THINGS IN A MED TENT!"

"Dad please, not in front of everyone-" Yuno tried to calm him down.

"But I am so happy to see both of you, knowing you're not dead is a blessing in itself."

Yuno still didn't know what to say. But after a moment of consideration, she hugged him, she hugged him as tight as she could.

Sakane did the same.

Fujita didn't wanna let go, he didn't want to lose them for another ten years.

"I feel like I know what's going on, but I also have no idea." Koko stated, watching the family reunion in slight confusion.

"Just let them hug," Leilani said, trying to stop Koko from interrupting the tender moment.

Meanwhile, Lady Iris was discovering how innocent Mursai was.

"Do you at least understand 420 jokes?"

"Have you met koko? Of course I understand 420 jokes,"

"Wonderful," Lady Iris sighed, "you have a lot to learn,"

"Oh boy," 

{Sorta filler chapter, that I didn't proof-read, I honestly hate how I wrote this chapter so just ignore how absolutely horrible it is, I wrote most of it in middle school. Next chapter is probably one of my favorites though, chapter 11 is also a roller coaster of emotions. Prepare yourself my few and far between readers, the adventure is just getting started.}