Chapter Four: Prisoners and Gods

Yuno sat with her arms crossed. She was in a jail cell, after she and Koko tried to fight the villagers they detained the two of them. Now they wait for Leilani to bail them out.

Koko was figuring out a way to not only shrink herself so she'd be able to fit through the bars, but a way to shrink Yuno without getting her stuck as a 6" demon.

"Just wait until Leilani comes to get us," Yuno said, slightly annoyed. "We're already in enough trouble as is, imagine how much more trouble we'd be in if we broke out."

"Speaking of Leilani," Koko said, getting up off of the floor she had previously been sitting on. "What's taking her so long? you'd think she'd be here by now."

"I don't know, she's probably thinking of new and fun ways to lecture us," Yuno answered, mocking Leilani.

Meanwhile Leilani was being bombarded by villagers asking questions about the 'monsters' she had been traveling with.

The questions varied from, "are you okay?" and "how long were you held captive by those hideous creatures?"

She debated just backhanding them to the next island. But she knew that would cause her to be in the same cell as Yuno and Koko, and she knew damn well Sakane and Mursai weren't going to pass off as humans anytime soon.

Maybe backhanding them wasn't the answer.

Leilani smirked.

"What kind of village arrests a god's companions?" She said, glowing more than usual.

"What?" a villager asked.

"I said," she looked at them, "what kind of village arrests a god's companions?"

"God?, what god?"

"This god." She clapped her hands together and a burst of light appeared. It was blinding, but beautiful. Leilani seemed to be able to stare directly into it, the villagers on the other hand, not so much.

When the light disappeared the villagers were all passed out on the ground of the town square.

"Oops," Leilani said, "eh they'll be fine."

The one villager that didn't fall unconscious was now kneeling down for Leilani.

"Oh Empress of the Sun, please have mercy for me."

"Don't worry, I haven't killed anyone, and I'm sure as hell not gonna kill you." she looked around, nearly all of the signs were illegible, how was she gonna find the jail.

"Can you do me a favor?" She asked the villager.

"Of course, anything."

"Can you direct me to the town jail?" She looked around again, "I need to retrieve my friends."

Her newfound servant led her to the village jail. They opened the door for her and made sure the sheriff greeted her with the utmost respect.

"AHI!" they yelled at the sleeping sherriff.

Sheriff Ahi woke up annoyed, "what do you want?" He said.

"M'lady Leilani, the sun goddess has requested her friends be set free."

"It wasn't a request, it was simply an order." Leilani enjoyed this a little too much.

"Exactly, it was an order."

"Well," the sheriff glanced at Leilani then back at the villager, "you can tell miss sunshine over here that she can shove her orders up her-" Sheriff Ahi was slapped on the back of the head by the villager.