Chapter Three: Monsters and Men

"You're a monster," the prisoner said, spitting blood out of their mouth.

"Oh please, I'm human just like you, do I look like I have horns and a tail, wings even. I'm no Fea, or some type of hybrid monstrosity." The man spoke, his voice was firm and intimidating.

They stared at him, a hatred blazing in their eyes. A few seconds passed before the prisoner spat on the man's shoe.

"Is that the worst you can do?" He let out a fit of laughter, "oh how pathetic."

The prisoner didn't respond. They didn't know what they would say, at this point they'd just get themselves killed. They stared at the floor, hopeless.

"If you're just going to stare at the floor and give up there's no point in torturing you anymore."

The prisoner looked up. Their eyes glistened with newfound hope.

"Of course," the man said, "that doesn't mean you'll ever be walking out of this building."

Their eyes widened. Hope once again being lost.

The man pulled out a sharp knife that glistened in the dim lights of the room.

"Wait-" the prisoner tried to protest, but they were dead before they could finish the sentence.

The man examined the knife for possible scratches and dents.

After a few moments of looking at the knife he sighed once more and yelled out towards the room's only door, "Valentine!"

Another man, with white hair and red eyes peeked through the doorway, "hmmm, yes my darling, Victor?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose "just, Get your ass over here."

Valentine cocked an eyebrow, "oh? Right now, in front of the dead body?"

"Not like that." Victor attempted to stop Valentine's suggestions.

"I mean I'm completely fine with it, I just didn't think you were into that type of stuff." Valentine added.

"I," He hesitated, "later."

He smirked and ran up behind Victor, putting his head in the crook of victor's neck, "what time?" he whispered.

Victor could feel his face heat up. He let out a breath to calm himself down, "right after you help me dispose of this body." He said as calmly as he could.

Valentine kissed Victor's neck and walked over to the dead body.

"Come on," he said. "I want to throw this dead body out as fast as possible.~"

Victor stood there for a second, trying not to blush furiously, before taking a few more deep breaths, and helping Valentine dispose of the body.

The body wasn't that hard to get rid of, it was light and easy to bury.

Valentine positioned his shovel so it would stand up in the dirt. He was going to say something until he heard Victor's shovel hit something hard. 

"What was that?" He asked.

"You think I know that?" Victor responded.

"Well-" Valentine began. 

Victor cut him off, "that was a rhetorical question."

"Fine, but it didn't sound like metal or like a treasure box, so what do you think it is?"

"Probably just rocks, start actually doing the work and you'll be able to find out sooner." Victor gave him a look.

"Ugh, fine." Valentine grabbed his shovel and started digging with Victor.

Eventually they uncovered a portion of what Victor had hit earlier, it looked like a worn out piece of cloth from what they could see, it's off white color suggested maybe an upper class men's shirt. But why was it buried this deep?

After a few more moments of digging they realized what it was.

They'd discovered what was left of a soldier, presumably from the day of deadly rain, who knows how many years ago. They hadn't found an old shirt, but a set of bones, withering and decaying.

"Did we put that there?" Valentine asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"We've only been on this island for three months, the bodies we've buried didn't have time to decay like this," Victor answered him. "I don't recall burying a set of bones either."

"Great, we probably just infiltrated some ancient burial site, I don't know about you but I'd prefer not to be cursed, thank you very much."

Victor smacked him on the back of the head.

"No one is going to be cursed, it's probably just a random body from that weird massacre I read about before we decided to go here."

"Ok thank the gods, I was scared I wasn't gonna be able to fuck you later."

"Oh shut up." Victor said, his voice just above a whisper. 

"You know you love me.~" Valentine smiled.

"Well help me with this body and then you'll be able to love me." 

"Alright alright."

~~~~~

It had been a few hours since they got rid of the body, and since, well you know.

Victor stood looking through the window side of a two way mirror. It was something he added to the old abandoned building the moment they got there. He thought it was fitting.

The mirror was placed between the room he stood in, and the room where he had previously murdered his prisoner.

Valentine walked in and stood beside him.

"What are you looking at?"

"Not anything really," Victor answered, "I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"We need new prisoners, ones that are more interesting," he turned to Valentine, "these old samurai are getting boring." 

(Ayyyy chapter three, this one is one of the shorter ones so have fun with that. I hope y'all enjoyed reading what I had in store this week. I have plenty more plot twists to present to everyone in next weeks chapter, prepare yourselves.)