Chapter eight: Victor's dead?

I awake to find myself laying in my siren form in a kelp bed. "How did I get here?"

"There was a monster who brought you here, one with no eyes and large tentacles coming from his mouth." A small fish spoke to me as it swam past.

"I thought Victor had stopped-where is this monster now?"

"It went back to shore, where the humans are!" The fish called back and answered before swimming on its way. 

If Victor didn't stop the Hollow then..... "Victor!"

It was still sunny, so I mustn't have been out for long.  

Treading through the bush, I enter the cave and travel through the loop, rushing out and making my way to my home, I come to find that no one is anywhere to be found. 

As I walk through the home, it was made clear that everyone was in the dining room. I make my way into the room, everyone's eyes darted toward me. The room went dead silent. Like they saw a ghost. 

Miss Peregrine stood and hugged me, before checking my body for any injuries. 

"Angelica we were extremely worried, please sit and tell us what happened."

"After I see Victor, is he back? I thought he got rid of the Hollow, but the fish said that the Hollow lived, where is Victor?"

'He died.'

I turned to see a red-faced, tear-stained Alfie. "What do you mean he died? I only saw him a few minutes ago."

"Angelica, you have been gone for three days." I look at Millard shocked at what I was hearing. 

"What?" I gasp out. 

'Let me show you what happened, I followed you and hid behind a tree when I saw the Hollow.'

A bunch of moving pictures flooded my brain. 

I was rushing up to Victor up to the point when I lost consciousness. How the Hollow before lifting me had trapped Victor, ripping his eyes out of their sockets. As I was watching the play inside my head, I felt tears streaming down my cheeks and someone holding my body as it barely held itself upright. 

I watched as the Hollow picked me up to take my own eyes when it tripped and fell over the cliff, with my body falling next to it. Miss Peregrine then showed. The moving pictures fast-forwarded to the Hollow finding its way in the loop and Abe and Miss Peregrine stood in front of the body and shot the Hollow in the head, killing it. 

I had no words, I slowly turned around and walked off away from the room. I walked outside to the only place that truly calms me. The ocean. 

My knees hit the sand, I looked up at the sky and felt my whole body shutting down. I screamed bloody murder, the wind picking up the ocean waves heaving and crashing up against the shore. 

"Angelica."

"Why him, Enoch? He did not harm." I cried. Enoch knelt beside me, I placed my head on his chest and hugged him while crying. Enoch wrapped his arms around me and started rocking me back and forth.

"He was my best friend. Miss Peregrine has placed him in his room. Come on, why don't we head back,  I know how much you like singing and Bronwyn could use some calming down, she needs you and you need m-us, you need us."

I nod my head and allow Enoch to lift me to my feet and lead me back to the house. 

We made our way to the house and I walked into the piano room, while Enoch went and grabbed Bronwyn.

In came Alfie holding Bronwyn's hand. She sat next to me and buried her face into my chest while I started to play the piano. The others made their way into the room and sat either on the couch or floor. 

Tears running down my face and others, I carried out the rest of the evening singing songs to mourn over my dear cousin's death. It also didn't help that today was the day of my parent's anniversary of when they left this earth. 

Why is everyone that I love dying?

"Angelica?"

"Enoch? What can I do for you?" I whisper as Alfie is in bed asleep, with Bronwyn by his side. Ever since Victor's death, she has been staying with me and Alfie, I guess to be close to family as we are all she has left. 

"I thought you sung beautifully today, you sang from the heart. I know Victor's death is hard, I'll always be here for you."

"I will be there for you as well. Um, it was hard for me to contain myself today as today marks one year since when I lost my parents."

"Oh, I'm sorry." 

"It's ok, I'm trying to remember the good parts, I'm trying not to dwell on the sad." 

"Goodnight Angel."

"Goodnight Enoch."