Chapter twenty: Our love

Enoch had decided that he wishes for us to have our own family and live outside a loop. I agreed and was delighted with the idea. We married a few years after leaving the newly made loop. Jake was so kind as to walk me down the aisle to Enoch and Miss Peregrine who was to conduct the service. 

That day was magical, one that I will never forget. With the money my parents had saved, Enoch and I bought a darling home. Alfie came to live with us once we sorted out our home and its finishings. 

We soon introduced new members of our peculiar family. One boy and two girls. Arthur, Olivia and little Charlotte. They soon grew up and went on with their lives finding partners and having a family of their own. Even my younger brother found his one true love, now I was a proud aunt and even prouder great aunt. Our parents are probably looking down on their children with smiles, knowing that their sacrifice was not for nothing. 

Enoch knew that he was to leave this world. The thought of it made me sick. I had made a vow long ago that transforming a mortal into an immortal such as myself was to be illegal. However, not all angels are good. I couldn't bare living without my one true love. 

So when Enoch passed, I had E perform a very old ritual to bend Enoch's blood. Twisting the DNA around to make him one of us. 

The process took four days. During those four days, Enoch's body gradually turned back to his 18-year-old self. Matching the time when my ageing had stopped and Alfie's and like all of our children and grandchildren. 

He soon woke up and we were happy. We decided to go and live with the children and Miss Peregrine to hide suspicions from our neighbours. That and to preserve ourselves in the time that we adore. All this new technology was too much for us, Alfie too. So once again the home for peculiar children was together again. 

*****

Angelica was the angel to his heart. 

Enoch was the controller of hers. 

Together they were a match made in heaven. Through thick and thin they made it through anything and everything together. 

They lived happily ever after. 

The end.