Chapter twelve: Enchantress my old friend

'Where am I?'

'Angelica, my dear.' 

'Mother? What is this place?'

'This is where the souls go to finish their last request before we go to our final resting place.'

'Do you believe my choices in the past have been the right ones?'

'Never doubt yourself and your choices, darling. Your choices in the past define who you are today and who you will be in the future.'

'In the future?'

'Yes, your time on earth has not yet finished. We will see each other again Angelica, give everyone my love. I will be watching over you until my last request is filled. Remember, that I will always be with you in your heart. Take care, and take care of your brother. As well as that young boy, Enoch.'

'He's wonderful, I wish you could have met him properly.'

'He seems like a lovely boy, your time here has come to an end. Your new adventure starts now, I love you, my daughter.'

'I love you to mother, tell father I love him to when you see him and the Doves. I miss you all dearly.'

'Farewell child.'

'Farewell mother.'

I slowly open my eyes to find Alfie, Enoch and Miss Peregrine staring at me. Enoch and Alfie hug me dearly and Miss Peregrine seems as though she is crying.

"We were so worried that we wouldn't make it in time."

"What are you talking about?"

"Angelica, you passed this morning."

"How am I speaking to you?"

'I got your heart back.' I look at Alfie with a confused face. He sees this and touches my cheek.

I see my body, lying motionless with Enoch crying over my body, I feel Alfie's feelings, sadness turning to anger. Alfie looks out of the window to Abigail in the garden being questioned by the younger ones. 

Alfie runs out of the room and heads straight for Abigail with tears streaming down his face. Everyone turns to look down at Alfie's crying form, Bronwyn and Miss Peregrine see his face and rush past everyone, both shouting the name Angelica.

Alfie keeps his eyes on Abigail, I watch as her face turns to a shocked and scared one. I feel Alfie's pure anger rushing through his veins. He turns into his wolf form and lashes out at Abigail, tearing open her chest taking the heart out and ripping the body to shreds. 

Screams and cries are heard from the children around him. Alfie transforms back into his normal self, picks up the heart and makes his way to my room. Giving Enoch the heart, Enoch places the heart in my body and the three stare hopingly at my body, not caring that Alfie is covered in blood or how he got the heart from Abigail.

"I don't know what to say."

"We will leave you to rest now Angelica, I'm sure you need some space after returning to us."

"Yes, thank you, Miss Peregrine."

Miss Peregrine and Alfie left the room, while Enoch stayed back for a moment longer. 

"I thought I was going to lose you for good."

"Oh, Enoch. As long as I am in your heart I will never truly leave you."

"Promise me that you won't ever leave me again."

"Enoch."

"Please, Angelica."