Chapter two: Torture

Wet, cold, muggy, cries.

I'm chained from head to toe to the floor. Kneeling being my only position, with my ankles and hands bound together with thick cold metal, my neck forced to stay in one place. Tears running rivers down my face as I hear the screams of my younger brother from another room. His crying gives me joy in a way, as it's the only proof I have that Alfie is still alive.

I'm not alone, I'm never alone. A Hollowgast stands at post in the corner of this cell, lingering, waiting for the command of when it can devour my eyes and become a Wight.

Time and awareness of what day it is, went out the window ages ago. There is no light to tell whether it was day or night. Everything feels like a haze.

Every day, Barron and his disciples come to visit me. Pain and regret are all they bring me, with little food and water to keep me alive, however barely.

They slash me with whips and broken pieces of wood. They torment me, about how I did nothing to save my family. There is not a day going by that I don't think of my family and what I could have done to prevent it, or at least stop their deaths. However, I know if I show them what I am capable then they would use my power for their own gain. I know for certain that they would take my heart and use her to locate all the loops of this world. I can't let that happen.

***

"Knock, knock, knock. Hahahahaha. Looking beautiful as ever my dear. Not talking today either, mph, and here I thought we were becoming friends. Well, today we're trying something a little different. If you don't mind me, I'll just rip this open here."

"What...what are you doing?" I croak out, I haven't had water for a while.

Barron rips open my dress from the back and starts feeling my shoulder blades.

"Well, I did say we were going to try something different, so here's the deal. You tell me where the other loops are or, I cut off your precious wings that I know you have. If you don't release them and show them to us, then I'll have to cut them out of you. Which, let's be real will hurt more. Or I can go and see if our young Alfie has wings."

"Don't touch him!" I thrash at the chains of the thought of them touching Alfie.

"Then do as I say, release them. So Angelica will you tell me where the loops are of this world."

Looking angrily at Barron I spread my wings out fast making sure to knock him.

I refuse to let others be killed for my selfishness of keeping my wings, my wings aren't worth as much as those innocent lives who hide from the danger of the outside world

I refuse to let others be killed for my selfishness of keeping my wings, my wings aren't worth as much as those innocent lives who hide from the danger of the outside world. With an angry yet exciting sigh, Mr Barron picked up a saw looking tool and grabbed a hold of one of my wings.

"Aaaaaaaahhhh!!!!" Piercing screams filled the room, as Barron hacked away at my wings, the smell of blood hit my nose, tears poured out of my eyes.