Chapter eighteen: Our rescue part one

We all stood on the grass and watched as our loop closed. Once again our home had been lost.

We all made our way to the safest part of the town, the beach.

"What do we do now?"

"Is there any sign of Barron and Miss Peregrine?"

"Gone. Barron must have had a boat."

"Well, we have to after them. We know he's taking her to Blackpool."

"But Blackpool is miles away. The next ferry doesn't go for hours. We'll never make it in time."

"Not unless we go by boat too."

Jake and Emma went to explain about the sunken boat, Emma goes to from time to time.

The others set forward for a small rowboat. Alfie and I decided that since there was hardly any room for everyone we would swim.

I heard gasps and awes from everyone, as they haven't seen me or Alfie in this form. 

To make times a little more fun I swam down, gaining speed, I leapt out of the water and over the boat.

Once we were at the destination, Emma jumped into the water along with everyone else and blew air to create air bubbles so the others could breathe. 

"Alfie, why don't you go and help some of the others down toward the ship?" 

Alfie swam off and held hands with Claire and the twins and swam them down to the ship with ease. I grabbed Enoch's hand and did the same with him. Since I haven't been in my mermaid form for a while, I decided that whilst everyone else was on the boat sailing away, I would swim next to the boat for a while. 

I swam back a bit while the ship rises from its watery grave. I began to sing, as I'm enjoying my time flowing with the current.