sixteen

Minho held the door of the building open. "Come on, hurry up!" He whisper-screamed.

Jisung clung to Changbin's arm. "I don't want to."

"Then you don't care about your relationship with Hyunjin, not my problem."

"Get your ass over here and apologize!" Came it from Minho.

Felix stood aside during everything, pretending he had nothing to do with any of this. It didn't look very legal what they were doing. Apart from the fact that they were all just black shadows in the light of the night, even the billboards hardly brought any light here.

Reluctantly, Jisung slipped into the hallway.

Minho pulled the door shut behind him and stared at him through the milky glass with a menacing look.

The blond clutched the bouquet of Stargazer Lilies and roses. He glared at them as he climbed the almost familiar stairs as quite as possible. Stargazer Lilies meant I'm sorry.

"I'm sorry Hyunjin..." he whispered to himself. His breathing quickened.

Roses for, I love you. He reached the apartment. "I love you... a little too much..." Jisung's heart jammed between his ribs. Like it was trying to hide. Everything in his body couldn't do this yet.

He knocked.

At the same time, he needed to see his face. He needed to know he was okay.

"Felix I told you to get lo-"

The two stared at each other. Jisung couldn't believe he was really doing this. Actually, he was waiting for the punch. With an almost fearful feeling, he stared at Hyunjin, who was holding onto his door. His gaze scanned Jisung's face.

He held his breath. In a moment, he's gonna close the door, he's gonna close the door.

"I...I'm sorry." He brought out hoarsely, holding the bouquet of flowers up.

The hard expression fell. Hyunjin heaved a sigh. "Come in..."

Jisung did and would do whatever Hyunjin wanted him to do. If that meant he could spend two more minutes here. As you can tell he wasn't convinced that the plan to "get back together" with Hyunjin (even though they were never together) would bear fruit.

"What are you doing, huh?" Hyunjin rubbed his forehead. There was exhaustion hanging in his voice.

Tears welled up in his eyes. Everything in Jisung clenched, wanting to shrink to the size of an ant. Because he knew he was the reason Hyunjin looked so shitty.

"I wanted to apologize...I'm sorry." He repeated.

What else could he say? He should have thought of a long speech to try to show the other how sorry he really was, but he hadn't thought of that. "I'm glad...that you're okay," he then said.

"Do I look like I'm doing okay?" Laughed Hyunjin softly, just as hoarse as himself.

Ouch.

The two looked at each other. The hallway was dark as hell. Still, Jisung could see enough to chuckle at the statement himself, if only briefly and more bitterly than amused. "Not really..." With a wry smile, he turned his gaze to the tiles.

"But... well... at least now I know that..." What was he even going to say? His brain was blank.

The urge for Hyunjin's arms was too overwhelming. More so, to be held or to hold Hyunjin; to make up with actions, more than with his far too small seeming vocabulary everything he fucked up in the last 24 hours.