seven

To be honest, he was never an overly messy person. But somehow Hyunjin felt urged to make every speck of dust disappear.

He even cleaned every sex toy carefully, although he knew that they were of no use for now.

And yet he sat on his dark blue couch and felt dirty.
Korean R&B songs were playing in the background.
His legs hung over the armrest and he stared at the ceiling.

It was the right decision, he thought.
He watched the old-fashioned lamp blink a few times before it went back to normal.

At this time of the day, he didn't need a light. Actually, he didn't need it at all. The windows and LED Stripes under the cabinets and baseboards were enough; just now the whole room was drowned in daylight.

Hyunjin had bought the lamp for purely aesthetic reasons. Like half of his furniture.

The dark curtains in his window? Never been used before. The industrial style shelf full of plants? Just decoration.

Sometimes he regretted spending so much money on things he really didn't need. But then again he loved how his apartment looked now.

His eyes continued to scan the room and Hyunjin turned his head. The big black clock above his TV read 17 o'clock. Half an hour, then Jisung should be here.

With a last sigh, Hyunjin ran his hand through his hair. He rose to his feet and shuffled through the apartment.

He wiped again over the black countertop in the kitchen; made sure that the tiled floor all over his apartment had no stains, and went through the bathroom once in his patrol.

The black marble was cold against his palm. Hyunjin stared at the mirror. His brown mane didn't seem perfect as usual, still good but just not perfect.

And as so often, he wished he could just wipe away the mole under his eye like makeup. Well, one can dream.

He continued to wander through his apartment, this time looking for his phone.

It couldn't be that far away, he was still connected to the boxes. After what felt like half an eternity, he found it lying on the carpet.

When he turned it on, the first message came from none other than Jisung.

Hannie
"Hey, will be there in five minutes~"

In a few seconds, he replied.

BabeJinnie
"Great, looking forward to it <3"

Hyunjin exhaled loudly. Don't worry, it'll be fine. He nodded to himself, falling back onto the couch.

Jisung kept his word. He stood in front of the main door of another concrete block.

With one finger he slid over the names on the door, whispering as he searched for "Hwang Hyunjin."

It took him a while to find the bell and one more to convince himself to press it. His hands held the straps from his backpack in an icy grip.

He was shivering, probably from the cold or from his heart jumping around in his chest.

"Yes?" The speaker croaked.

"It's me..." muttered Jisung, scratching the back of his neck.

„Jisung, hiiii, come up~" With that, there was a crackle on the line and shortly after, the door buzzed softly.

The boy entered, regaining his confidence, and walked up to the stairwell.

The building looked tall from the outside, but now that he was looking up to what seemed like endless stairs, he thought he was about to climb Mount Everest or something. At the top, a head peeked over the railing.