two

After the last message was sent, Hyunjin quickly got ready to leave.

He fished his hoodie and pants out of his closet and then slipped them on.
He picked up his bag after that, safely stowing his laptop, money, and gum inside.

However, Hyunjin paused as his reflection watched him put on his sneakers.
The dark blue Hoodie hid the lingerie set he was wearing. The one he had been looking forward to presenting to his viewers for the past two days.

But for the umpteenth time, the pair played into his cards. Hyunjin tore his eyes away from the reflection and brushed his hair out of his face. "What a fucking mess..."

Continuing to curse to himself, he closed the door of his apartment behind him and stuffed his headphones into his ears.
When they finally connected to his phone, the all-too-familiar melody of his favorite song resounded.

He made his way down the stairs of his apartment building... more or less reluctantly.

Yes, there was an elevator.
But even Hyunjin, who really wasn't the most athletic, could run up and down the whole 106 stairs three times until the elevator reached the bottom.

So he preferred to walk through the poorly lit, gray, and incredibly dirty stairwell rather than wait in the elevator.
On the first floor, he wasted no time looking in his mailbox, which was by now crammed with advertisements; but disappeared down the dark hallway and out the back door into the night.

A fresh breeze and the nightlife greeted him, sending goosebumps down his spine. A jacket would have been a good idea...
Nevertheless, the young man started walking again, now among the masses of people in the pedestrian zone.

Don't get Hyunjin wrong, life in Seoul wasn't completely terrible, you can get from one place to another within seconds, there are a lot of people (although that can probably be considered a negative point too) and a variety of attractions here.
But somehow in situations like this, he often falls into the feeling of being lonely and almost naked without anyone next to him.

Hyunjin walked on beat with the music, little white clouds leaving his mouth while exhaling.

His gaze lingered on the couples in the crowd who were in each other's arms as they held hands.
They were even kissing each other's cheeks with that lovesick eyes for each other.

God damn Hyunjin you're 21, how can you still think like a teenager!?
He cursed himself in his mind and shook his head slightly.

Being an adult is hard sometimes.
Especially if you're "stupidly romantic", as his friends told him.

More people mixed with the crowd, forming a tighter cage for everyone to march in. Automatically, Hyunjin pulled his shoulders closer together; his hands disappearing in the pocket of his hoodie.

Internally, along with his thoughts came the joy that the hangout of the group was only a few minutes away from his apartment.

For real, yes night sky aesthetics and such, but what the hell is wrong with people being so hectic all day? And why was it so freezing cold??

The crowds quickened his steps, pushing his lanky figure farther and farther forward.
Even through his headphones, he could clearly hear the loud stomping of millions of feet and vibrating of several conversations... it had something creepy and deeply unsettling about it.

Through the suction, it was almost impossible to change direction or exit in Hyunjin's case as he reached his destination.

So he went with the easiest method. Elbows out and push your way (politely) to your goal.