Ch. Fifteen

Kail Lowery

Tomorrow was graduation day, but unfortunately after babysitting I had to work at the strip club so I know I will be exhausted tomorrow. After giving a private dance I walk to the back taking my break.

Thoughts of the other night rubbing through my mind.

Standing there I look at Xander taking a deep breath. "I thought I could help. I thought maybe if he heard your side-" he immediately cuts me off stepping around the table.

"My side? Kail, you gave the man a lap dance as a stripper and basically told him I'm cheating on my wife with a stripper!"  He was very angry. Taking a deep breath in I step back as he raises his voice.

"I-I'm sorry, I was just trying to help." 

"Well you didn't. My reputation could be ruined because of what you did! If he decides to tell anyone my life, my kids life could be ruined."  I have never seen Xander this mad before.

There was nothing I could really say, I thought What I was doing was the right thing. Xander moves closer to me.

"Listen, maybe we just need time for a while. Until I can figure out how we can be together, I can't ruin everything I've worked for."

I guess I understood the whole break thing, as much as I love him. I know it's probably for the best.

There has been a lot of things I know I need to do without being distracted like I have been. Being able to have my own place definitely helped.

To Kendle:
Do you wanna come stay the night and get ready together tomorrow? I get off soon.

I'm honestly so exhausted, there hasn't been much sleeping in my schedule.

From Kendle:
For sure! Let me get my stuff together and I'll head that way to your house. Key still under mat?

To Kendle:
Yes ma'am! See ya there.

"I can't believe it's finally over." Kendle says as we walk out of the building, diplomas in hand. "I know! It feels like yesterday we were walking into middle school together scared shitless." She grabs my hand, I look at her and notice her eyes are glossy.

"What's wrong?" I question furrowing my eyebrows. She sighs as the tears flow down her cheeks. "I've decided to go to college."

I always knew she would, Kendle has always been so smart. One of the reasons I past all of my school years was because of her. "That's awesome! Why are you sad? That's good news." She looks down grabbing my other hand.

"I decided on Columbia University..." my heart dropped, but I try to keep the excited expression. Not that I wasn't happy for her.

But Kendle and I have always been so close, New York was far away. Really far. "Oh." All this with Xander and not to sure what I'm doing with my life yet.

It's a lot knowing she won't be here. "Well. That's okay we will still have FaceTime. And the summer, and I. Can come visit as much as possible plus I'm sure you will be here on holidays!" Trying to make her feel better about her decision.

I know this is something she has dreamed of. So I wasn't going to make her feel awful and make it about me. She deserves this.

"I know. It's just, we've never really been away from each other like that. You have so much going on, I just want you to be okay while I'm not here." Smiling I give her a big hug. This is why we are friends, we've always thought of the other.