Ch. Eighteen

Kail Lowery

"So once we get to the house, if you want we can take a nap and then get up at noon?" A nap sounded so nice, considering we didn't sleep much on the plane. "Sure. Wait did you say house?" I question making him grin real big.

The driver stops letting us know we were here then gets out grabbing our bags as we get out as well, I about fell over into the grass. The house was absolutely beautiful, I honestly didn't expect to be staying at a house. I just figured we would stay in a hotel.

"Wow this is beautiful Xander

"Wow this is beautiful Xander. How did you even get something like this?" I ask as we walk to the front door. "Rented it for the week, you deserve something cozy and special. " he unlocks the door revealing the inside, my jaw just drops.

It was so beautiful, I'm sure this was so expensive to I didn't even want to think about that. I begin walking in looking at everything. Even the walls were beautiful. "Thank you sir. See you around noon?" Xander says to the driver.

Once I see the back yard I get really excited opening up the sliding doors. The pool was so beautiful and the hot tub oh my gosh, it made me not ever wanna leave.

I feel Xanders arms wrap around me making me giggle. "So do you like it so far?" He questions making me grin. "I love it Xander. Thank you." Turning to face him I give him a small kiss on the cheek.

"It's so beautiful here." I say softly, he smiles putting his forehead on mine. For the first time in a while I wasn't stressed about anything. "Just like you."

After we woke up we immediately get ready and leave. "So what exactly are we doing?" I question as the driver starts to drive.

"It's a surprise." Xander says grabbing my hand, he was really good at surprises not going to lie. He's always keeping me on my toes in a good way and I love it.

"Have you talked to the kids yet?" I ask him, I'm sure he misses them like crazy because I know I do. "First thing this morning. They are having a lot of fun at their grandparents." He chuckles making me smile; I didn't have any doubt about them having fun at their grandparents.

"I bet they are spoiling them like crazy."

Looking out the window I realize the driver pulling up into a parking spot. "We are here sir." Looking back to Xander I notice him looking at his phone with stone cold look.

"You okay?" I question, he suddenly snaps from whatever thought he was trapped in looking back to me. "Yes. Yeah let's go." As he shoves his phone in his pocket I watch as he gets out walking to my side of the door opening it.

Smiling I step out grabbing his hand. I could tell something was wrong. "Are you sure your okay?" He looks down to me as if he wanted to say something but just nods. "Yeah. We will talk about it later. Let's just have a good night." He grabs my hand giving me a kiss.

Making my breath be taken away. Following behind Xander, an instructor guy steps out with a big smile. "Welcome. Mrs. And Mr. King correct?"

My heart flutters; before I could speak Xander beats me to it. "Yes sir." Our hands were still linked together so he begins pulling us closer. "Follow me and I'll take you to the boat." The guy turns we both follow behind him. "Can I know what we are doing now?" I question, Xander smile still on his face shaking his head.

For some reason I was nervous I hate surprises. Even if I appreciate it I still hate surprises. We finally make it to the boat, Xander wraps his arm around my waist. "The table is set in the back the waiter will be with you shortly. Let us know if you need anything." The guy lets out his hand making Xander shake his hand. We walk up into the boat.

Following behind Xander he walks to the back where the guy said the table was. He then pulls out the chair for me. Making me smile big. "Thank you."

He then goes to the chair beside me and sits down. As the waiter gets our drink order I couldn't help but to stare off looking at the view. It was so beautiful. I've always wanted to come here, the facts Xander took me here is just. So crazy.

"I'm thinking of doing something nice for Kendle when we get back. Maybe a go away party at my place. I just feel like she deserves it. Plus it'll be the last time we party together well. Maybe." I say playing with the napkin in front of me.

Xander chuckles a bit grabbing his glass of bourbon gulping it. "That will be nice for the both of you. How long have you two been friends anyway?"

"Oh gosh. A long time probably since we were in diapers." The wind began to blow a bit as the fresh ocean smell crashed into my face. I usually hate the smell; but it actually smelt fresh.

"That's a long time." Xander says his eyes still on me. I smile softly looking down at the napkin in my hand. "What about you. I haven't really met any of your friends." Raising my eyebrow as he seemed shocked by the question.

"Oh. Well I don't really have any. I used to. But. He." Xander stops looking down at his glass. Crossing my legs I grab his hand softly. "You can tell me. That's one reason why we are here. To get to know each other." He gulps looking back to me.

"He died. When we were teenagers. So I haven't really gotten close to anyone like that." My heart sank, I couldn't imagine losing Kendle especially that young. Or in general.

"Wow I'm sorry." He takes his glass gulping down the second bourbon.

I definitely could tell he had something else on his mind. "James and I have gotten close though. He's a good guy." I nodded smiling softly trying to light the mood.

"He is. I tried hooking Kendle up with him." Xander chuckles tapping my hand pulling his away.

"Of course you did." I giggle crossing my arms. "Hey. They are so cute together. If she wasn't you know. Moving to New York."

The waiter comes to take our food order. Looking out I notice the sun beginning to go down as we eat. "This was such a beautiful date. I loved it more than you know." I take a sip of the wine as he grins. "It hasn't ended just yet." Oh lord.

"What do you mean?" He stands up holding out his hand making me ten times more nervous than I already was. Following beside him I notice glowing coming from the ocean as we reach the edge.

"If you want we can get in the water. I just wasn't sure how you would feel about it." Xander says looking into the water I see them. They are so beautiful.

They were tons of Manta Rays. "Wow babe. This is so amazing." His hand runs up my back kissing my head. "I knew you would enjoy it." Looking up at him I give his a kiss. "Thank you. This is so amazing. Can we really get in with them?"

____

A/N:
I feel awful that I haven't been updating consistently. I'm trying to get better at it; readers block is a true thing. Plus with two kids it makes it harder lol. I hope y'all enjoy don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!