Ch. Seven

Kail Lowery

"Thank you for letting me come over. I couldn't go back to the Kings tonight." I mumble walking into Kendel's house.

"Girl please, it's fine. Oh how is that going by the way?" She asks sliding her hand into her pocket.

"What?" I look over to her. "You and Mr. King, last time I talked to you... You seemed a little confused."

"He's married ya know. We uh, talked about being together last night. And in a way, I felt like it was more than sex. Like it's what I've imagine making love would feel like. I mean is that weird?" I ask looking up at her.

"No, not at all. I mean your going to feel weird about it because he's the first guy you've ever felt this way about." She tells making me feel alot better.

"He's so gentle towards me, and I've never had that. I can be myself around him, hes like a second best friend." We both walk to her room as I spoke.

"Has he said rather or not he's going to divorce her?" She asks sitting on her bed.

"Yeah. He's trying to find a way to do it without her getting everything he has." Kendel nods playing with her nails. "I mean that makes since."

"Yeah. Anyway, I'm tired I got to get up in the morning to go over there so I'm going to bed." I say laying down in her soft bed.

"Goodnight K." She smacks my butt. I just smile closing my eyes and drift off to sleep.

Xander King

Bella got home late last night, I had a little bit of time to talk to my lawyer. I've been spending so much time with Kail I haven't really been checking in on the divorce. But I have really got to get on it.

Kail and I are starting to get pretty serious, she's not like anyone I've ever met. She works hard for what she wants, she's fun and keeps me on my toes which excites me; the kids love her they have so much fun with Kail and I love that.

"I'm going out with the girls tonight." Bella announced getting ready for the day.

"I thought you were taking Hannah out for her good work on that test." I say to her.

"No I mean she will have plenty more tests to do great on. Plus it's just a test I don't have to reward her on every single one." Bella snaps, making my blood boil.

"Bella, you have been telling her for weeks to go out! You can't let her down on that. She loves having girls day with you." Standing to my feet.

She lets out a drawn out breath, turning to me. "Xander shut the fuck up, stop acting like I'm the worst mom in the world. Hell if your so worried you take her out. Or fuck let Kail do it. I got shit to do, I don't feel like going out with a six year old celebrating some test. Damn." Her back turns away from me.

What the hell is her issue? "That is your fucking child! You will not treat her like she's not there! She's six, she needs time with her parents Bella!" I shout at her.

"Oh my fucking god Xander I'm not in the fucking mood leave me be. I'm going out with the girls and that's final." Bella then walks out slamming the door.

I turn to the wall punching it, wincing pulling my hand back away from it. That woman infuriates me so bad sometimes, I hate how cruel she can be.

"Xander?" There was a small knock on the door and I turn slightly, seeing the one person I needed most right now. "Kail.."

"What happened?" She asks looking at the wall.

"Bella. She just. She acts as if our kids are just toys. Dress them up do what you want then throw them in a box for a while." I huff out rubbing my hand.