Ch. Nineteen

Kail Lowery
Today was our last day in Hawaii, although it sucked we had to go back to the real world. I was excited to get back home. I'm honestly just tired of sneaking around.

I know what I want, I love Xander and I want to be able to spend the rest of my life with him. I'm just hoping once we get back home he's serious about leaving her.

Their is a lot that has to be done, I get that he has a reputation he's got to keep up. His children, he has to protect them. So I really hope everything goes good, so him and I can be happy.

"What's on that mind of yours?" Looking up I see Xander standing above me with drinks in his hand. "Back home." He hands me the drink while lowering down to sit next to me on the towel. We decided to spend our last day on the beach.

It was a beautiful day for it honestly. "Are you worried?" I swirl the drink with the strew while looking out to the water. "Honestly?" Xander puts his hand on my thigh waiting for my answer. "No. I'm hoping your serious. I get that this is all a hard situation for you. The kids will be confused, I'm hoping it won't affect them."

Taking a sip of my drink I look back over to him realizing he was now in deep thought. Staring at the water, he had a lot on his mind.

"It's not just hard on me. I've put you through a lot. Maybe even Bella. The kids... I thought maybe if I stayed, her and I could fix whatever was wrong."

"You we're doing what you thought was best Xander. Your married, I knew you were married. I knew you had kids. But I still pushed you. That was wrong of me. This isn't your fault. If anything it's mine." His eyes snap to mine as he shakes his head. "No I pushed you Kail. After you lost the baby I pushed you to stay."

He was right but I still could have left. "None of it matters, we done what we thought was best." His arm goes around my waist pulling me closer. "I love you Kail." Leaning my head on his shoulder we soak in the scenery in front of us.

Eventually it started getting super hot, so we ended up playing in the water. "We should bring the kids here. They would have so much fun."

We begin walking back to the spot we sat at earlier. The sun was going down and I was exhausted. "We will."

Once we begin picking up our things my phone starts to ring. Looking at the screen I notice it's a number I'm not aware of. "Hello?"

"Is this Sandra Lowerys daughter?" It was a female voice on the other end, she didn't sound familiar. "Uh. It is? Who is this?" I question a bit worried, considering I haven't spoken to my mother in almost a year.

"This is Doctor Pierce, it's about your mother. Is there anyway you could come up to the south health hospital?" My heart stops, I look over to Xander who was watching me with the things in his hand.

"I-I'm in Hawaii at the moment. Is everything okay?"

"Oh. I'm sorry to have to tell you this over the phone. Your mother was in a very bad accident. She isn't doing very well. Is there anyway you could get here soon? She wants to see you."

"I can try, maybe tomorrow." Though my mother and I never had a great relationship, she is still my mom.

"Yes ma'am just let me know. Be safe." I pull the phone from my ear hanging up the phone. "What's wrong?" Xander asks stepping closer to me, my hand runs through my hair looking away from him. Trying my hardest not to let the tears fall.

"My mother. She's in the hospital, the doctor said she's not doing good at all. She wants to see me." His hand goes to my back pulling me close. "Should we leave tonight?" He asks making me look at him. "Is that possible?"

"Yes. The crew is always here a day before in case of an emergency. I'll have to call them and let them know."

"Yeah. O-okay. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault. Come on let's get back to the house and pack. It's gonna be okay."

"I'll see you late tomorrow, I'll be with the lawyer most of the day. You sure you don't need me to go with you." I keep my eyes on the hospital trying to prepare myself for what I was about to see.

Only wondering what she would say, do. If she would apologize, how long she would be alive if it was that bad. "Kail?" Xander speaks making me look over to him.

"N-no. It's fine. The kids wanna see their dad. I'll call you later?" I begin unbuckling the seatbelt from my body. His hand reaches my cheek rubbing his thumb softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Pulling back I open up the door getting out walking up to the doors of the hospital. God I hate hospitals. But I mean who really likes hospitals anyway.

Walking up to the desk the man that sat at it looks up from the computer with a sweet smile. "Good afternoon." I give the best smile I can leaning against the counter. "Hi. Uhm I'm here for Doctor Pierce. Im Kail Lowery. She wanted to speak with me about my mother who's a patient here."

He looks down at his desk then back to me. "Ah yes. She told me about you. She's actually in emergency surgery at the moment but I can get one of the nurses to take you up to your mother if you'd like until she is done." My heart begins to race.

I am so not ready for this. "Sure thank you." He gets a nurse and she leads me up to the room my mother is in. She knocks on the door softly then opens up the door. "Ms. Lowery. Your daughter is here." She speaks out as we walk through. The room was slightly small the bathroom was to the right which made it hard to see her until we passed by it.

My heart sank once I realized their was a man sitting next to her in a chair. My mother looks over to me, she looked rough. Their was a tube in her nose; cuts and bruises all over her body. I look back over to the man studying him closely.

"Kail. I wasn't sure you would come." Mom says, once the guys eyes met mine I knew exactly who he was. "The doctor should be out in about thirty minutes. Let me know if you need anything." The nurse then walks out leaving us alone.

I step a bit closer to them with my arms crossed. "I-I heard you were in Hawaii. I'm so happy that you are able to travel." Mom says, I take a sharp breath in. She looks down at her hands. "I'm not sure if you remember but your f-" before she could speak any further I stop her.

"I do. It's been a while but I know what my father looks like. How could I forget someone who walked out on me when I needed them the most." Both of them look at me with regret. All I wanted to do was leave. But I couldn't. Especially not now.

I've wondered all my life why he left. Now is the time to find out.

___

A/N:
Double update today. The next couple of chapters will probably be pretty emotional. So be prepared. Hope you enjoy!!