Chapter Five: F#cking Friday (Vinnie's Pov)

It was Friday night and it had been a long week. Ray insisted I go to one of Richards' parties. I hesitated but agreed to go. Richards and I have some unfinished business anyway.

I threw on some denim jeans and a white buttoned shirt. Only buttoning up half way.

I pull up to the address. I check my phone; it's 5:30 pm. It was still pretty early, so not as many people were there. Music blast from inside.

I enter Richards' house and quickly observe my surroundings. No one was dancing, there were small groups of people standing around and chatting. Some were already at the bar drinking. I pull out my phone and text Ray.

[I'm here. Where are you?]

[Outback, by the fire.]

[Alr cya there.]

As I was typing my reply, a voice called out.

"Aye Vinnie!" Says a cheery voice. "Long time no see, man."
He reaches out his hand, gesturing for a handshake.

"Hey, Josh." I reply and accepting his handshake. Josh and I go way back, I've known him for years. We were more acquaints rather than friends. He turned into an asshole in recent years so we haven't been in contact.

"What're you doing here, dude?"  He questions, grinning at me.

God, I hate this guy.

"I'm uhhh... here to meet some friends." I answer, giving as little information as I can to get out of this fatigued conversation.

"Ray and some others are out the back." He informs me.

Yes, I know that, dumbass.

"Follow me. I'll take you to them." He adds before marching off, not giving me time to reply.

F#ck me.

I sluggishly follow him outside. Josh led me to the group, I greeted Ray and we all sat around the fire pit. Josh rudely invited himself into our group, made himself the centre of attention and wouldn't -
Shut
The.
F#ck.
Up.

An hour passed and I was bored out of f#cking mind. The group had moved near the pool. Josh was mostly doing all the chatting. I stood silently next to Ray the whole time. Vividing imagining blowing JOSH'S F#CKING BRAINS-

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

If I don't calm myself Josh is not going to have a neck anymore. I turned around, closed my eyes and took some deep inhales. I opened my eyes and scanned the area. It wasn't like earlier, now there are drunken idiots everywhere, music blasting at full volume, yelling and screaming. I watched as a slightly obese guy jumped into the pool and splashed everyone near by. The guy received some furious comments. Then my eyes skimmed over some couple making out against a wall of the house. Very, very voraciously. Almost like they're gonna f#ck right there. Well if they were I didn't want to watch, I observed the area once more til my eyes caught onto something or rather... someone.

That girl that fell on me in the hallway. The new one. Her and Josh's brother talking. He had his hand gripped around her arm. This angered me. I turned back around to face the group.

"Hey, Josh." I interjected. "Isn't that Jaden?"
I said pointing towards Jaden and the girl. Josh looked to where I pointed.

"Yeah. Looks like my lil bro got himself a girl." He creepily grinned and laughed.

"The girl doesn't look like she's enjoying his company." I added, gesturing to him to do something about it. And maybe it'd get him away from the group.

"Ok..? Not my problem." He laughed awkwardly with a smug smile.

My fist clenched hard. I glared Josh dead in the eyes before walking off.

I approached that f#cking twat Jaden and pushed him off the girl. He gave me a puzzled look before my fist smashed into his face. He fell to the ground from the impact. Of course he groaned and whined like a baby.

"DUDE! What the f#ck?! You broke my f#cking nose!" He screamed.

I felt no remorse. The dude got lucky, I would've beat his face to a pulp but there were people watching.

I stood over him.
"F#ck you and your brother." I glared into his water filled eyes.
I had created a scene and people started gathering around. Josh had heard or saw what happened and ran over to me.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL F#CK, VINCENT?!" He yelled. It seems anything that comes out of this d!ckhead's mouth just pisses me off.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" I shouted. I was filled to the brim with anger. All I saw was red. A bunch of people had surrounded us now. Some started chanting "fight, fight, fight". I glared daggers at Josh.

This is stupid.

This was a waste of my time so I turned to walk away but then Josh shoved me backwards.

"Where you going, pussy?" He challenged.
Now he'd done it. Now I feel no mercy. I marched towards him, ready to rip his guts out but two arms held me back.

"Vinnie, VINNIE! He's not worth it!" Ray blurted. It was enough to convince me. I pushed Ray's arms off me and walked inside. I entered the kitchen and washed my bloodied hand in the sink. I placed both my palms on the bench and let my head hang. I inhaled deeply a couple times. Many people in my life have told me I need to control my anger. I know that. But it's so stupidly hard, especially when you're in a world full of idiots who piss you off.

I decided to ease off by wandering the house. Eventually I found myself in the living room with the music and the dancing. I see her again. I was so busy punching Jaden's face in, that I hadn't noticed she had run away from the situation. I observed her to check she was okay. She was with some friends on the dance floor. I found myself watching her for more than I intended. I watched as she danced along with the song, as she closed her eyes and smiled brightly. I couldn't take my eyes off her. But then.. She opened her eyes... and we made eye contact. She stared deeply into my eyes and I stared back. Suddenly, she gave me a devilish smirk and started dancing dirty.

Dirty girl.

I gave her a smirk baring my teeth. I must have been in a trance because I completely forgot we were at a party full of people. It felt like it was just the two of us... until her friend dragged away for more drinks. Just at the same time, Ray approached me.

"You good, man?" Ray asks concerningly.

"Mhm. Hey, do me a favour, get me a background check on the new girl." I ordered.

"Yes, Boss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SPICEY SPICEYYYYYYYYY OOO LA LAAA~ OMG WHAT DOES HE MEAN BY "YES BOSS"???? OMG OMG TWIST ENDING FR 😱😱😱😱 NEXT CHAP SOON!!

- 1121 Words -