Chapter 13

National Intelligence Service Headquarters, Seoul...

"Damn that's a brilliant plan!", exclaimed Agent Jisung leaning back on his chair.

" We don't know whether it will work out or not ", said the Deputy Director.

" But the preparations you have made are well enough. Let's just hope that Y/N and agent Taehyung are fine."

"They are", said Mr. Namjoon, " I have made enquiries. But it seems that our time is limited. We must not waste time, otherwise it shall prove fatal to our cause".

"Yet, some facts are still not clear to me Sir. For instance, why would they deliberately lay a trap to take Y/N under their custody? "

"That's the only piece which refuses to fall in place, Jisung. I'm sure that rascal, Jungkook, is behind all this. He's the 'Mastermind' we are seeking for all these years. He has enough reasons to despise the NIS and accordingly, Taehyung, who also happens to be his enemy since the Black Eagles incident. But why Y/N? ", he brushed his hair back out of a habit, which clearly indicated that he was tensed.

" Maybe they are making Taehyung leak information by threatening to harm her, they have been dating for quite some years now, and it is no big secret".

"You got some points, yet I'm not quite sure about it. We'll be holding some more discussions on this later, till then goodbye".

The two men shook hands and departed.

*********

Central Government Complex, Seoul....

Seated by the large glass window of the 14 storey complex, Mr. Hoon found himself growing restless and impatient with each passing second. He was here to attend a meeting with the Legislative Councils, who were to interrogate him about his views and plans for the country. Hardly a week's time was left before the elections and like most of the other candidates, Mr. Hoon's been surviving on an insufficient rest of 4 hours a day.

He felt exhausted and tired. Just a minute ago, an attendant had informed him that the meeting was delayed by an hour, implying that he was to wait till he was called upon.

Gazing out at the parking complex fretted with occasional trees in front of the Complex, Mr. Hoon found his mind drifting away to that far away summer afternoon, which had proved to be a major turning point in his life. He recalled sitting in a cheap roadside café, his head hung low with humiliation after losing a local election. He was not at all popular then, so he was convinced that he could get some time to himself there without getting discovered.

However, when he finally lifted his head up, he noticed a young man staring at him, who looked away once they had an eye contact. Mr. Hoon was to depressed even to notice. But before he could even finish his Kimbap, he saw the man take a seat opposite to him.

"Mr.Hoon", said the lad, " I'm sure you don't know me, but let me tell you, I'm a great fan of your political beliefs and virtues and extremely disheartened to see that this little failure has discouraged you".

That, had been his first encounter with Jungkook. Within a year Jungkook had become not only his sole advisor, but also his best friend and constant companion. Many a times, Mr. Hoon had felt that Jungkook's suggestions were not logical, but never did he suffer by following his advice. Jungkook had however, never spoken much about himself, ignoring questions related to his family or past. Mr. Hoon, respected his privacy.

Today, as the attendant announced that the meeting was about to commence, and bid Mr. Hoon to arrive at the meeting room without any delay, he prayed with all his conscience, that this time, like others, Jungkook's advice won't misguide him.