Chapter 65 ~ Merry Christmas

+Russia's POV+
I stood in a living room with a nice fireplace and a pretty decorated Christmas tree.

I guess it was Christmas Eve, too bad criminals didn't take holidays.

This one in specifics, had decided to take the Christmas holiday as the main theme of his.

The tree was decorated with ornaments that had pictures taped on them of a variety of Land-human's from County's to City's, to Town's, and even Ghost Town's. All of which had gone missing from their homes in various different places.

Each picture had different markings in a red pen, whether that be X's or circles, even scribble marks.

I guess someone had been preparing all year for this.

There were lots of gifts under the trees, each with copies of one of the pictures on the tree taped on, as if to say it was for that person.

I noticed Austria kneel down and pick up a present, the weight of it looked to have surprised him. But I watched him set it down on the nearby coffee table and open it, he soon jumped back after peering inside.

Curiously, I leaned over to see it and was just as repulsed as Austria had been. But honestly, I kind of saw it coming.

Inside was full of blood, bones, and guts, even broken fragments of a skull and a pair of eyeballs in a small jar of some clear liquid.

Austria quickly left, holding his hands over his mouth and trying not to throw up.

I put the lid back on the box, to save anyone else from seeing it.

People could be really disgusting.

I hated the idea of how much effort had been put into it, making victims of Land-human's from all around North America.

Luckily, we had already caught the guy behind this, and this was more than enough evidence to put him in jail for the rest of his life.

I stood by Austria, just comforting him while he threw up outside of the house, Germany soon came to join and so did other officers.

I even noticed when Vietnam and South came out, not looking all too good themselves, but they both managed to keep it together.

I guess this was one of those times I was glad Hungary didn't come with us.

I felt bad for the cleanup crew when they had to come in and bring all the presents out. I felt terrible for the victims and their families.

Seriously, how are you supposed to tell a mother and father that their son or daughter was found in pieces in a flipping gift box.

We had reports to fill out back at the department but everyone was eager to leave once they got done.

The good part about hunting down a single, murderous, hard to catch criminal was that we actually got these one or couple day long holidays. Luckily, even Meri took holidays.

I had gotten done so I just went around wishing my friends a "Merry Christmas", to which each responded with the same phrase.

I made sure to say Merry Christmas to NATO, who excitedly said the same and congratulated me on the good work.

I also stopped by Canada's desk to wish him a Merry Christmas, he seemed really happy that I remembered him. He was wearing one of those ugly Christmas sweaters, apparently he loved the holiday and even wore silver bells instead of his usual bell.

(For anyone who forgot, the bell is to maintain Canada's ability. If he's not making any noise, Canada's ability activates and he turns invisible. So the sensitivity of a bell maintains this)