Chapter 89 ~ Believe it or Not

+Russia's POV+
I sat in my office, notebook in my hand and pen in the other, trying to come up with ways to reveal Chief's true identity and writing anything I could possibly come up with.

But my idea list was still REALLY short anyways, and usually counted on at least someone believing me.

I glanced over and noticed Chief looking at me through the window, his face visible behind the window blinds.

He gave me a grin when I noticed and then walked away, just a little taunt.

It was so weird knowing the truth and yet knowing nobody else would believe me if I told them.

I didn't even have to think about it to know most everyone in the department wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Even some of my own friends would likely have that reaction too, like those that had been here before me.

Those like Germany, GE, NATO, and Canada were completely off limits.

As much as I would've liked to tell Canada a truth I figured he should get to know about his own father, the price to pay if he didn't believe me was too risky.

But as for Austria and Hungary, maybe they would believe me. Though, Hungary would probably "like to believe me", as I could already imagine her saying. She was too nice to just outright say if she didn't believe me, which would be the likely result. Surprisingly, Austria was a much better chance, simply because we've grown close.

Out of all of them, I figured Vietnam and SV would be my best shots but they're still under suspicion. And if even one of them really does end up being a mole in the system, story of my attempt will get to Chief so quick.

So, to sum this all up, I had only one shot.

I closed my notebook and took it with me when I left my office, still making sure to close the door behind me.

I found Austria and got him to come with me to a more secluded area.

"What's this about?" he asked.

I made sure to look around to make sure no one else was close enough to hear before I started explaining.

"Okay, this is gonna sound insane, but I need you to believe me" I told him.

"Don't be disappointed if I don't believe you" Austria warned.

That didn't make me feel any better.

"I don't know how to say this so I'm just gonna tell you how it is" I said.

"If your dating my sister, I'll cut your throat" he said.

"Wait what?" I asked, confused. "No, it's not like that, this is serious" I told him.

"Okay... Go on" he said.

"Chief is the mole in the department" I told him.

As expected, the expression he gave me was one of surprise and disbelief.

"Hear me out" I told him. "He admitted it to me a couple days ago, he's also the killer behind the World Shapeshifter case and he's bored here so he's planning on going back to killing" I explained.

"And he only told me all that cause he knows nobody is gonna believe me, not even my father" I said.

"So I'm hoping you'll believe me cause your my only hope" I said, letting my shoulders fall after releasing all that tension.

Austria was stunned into silence, just staring back at me.

"Why am I your only hope?" he eventually asked.