Chapter 95 ~ The Finale

+Russia's POV+
I walked through the halls of the mansion, I don't know where my father ended up, probably busy with ordering surviving officers around. The bodies of both killers and officers littered the floor and their blood stained the walls.

This was a complete massacre...

It was hard to believe that such a big group of killers like this could all get together like that for a collective goal.

They had been clever about it, but America had found them.

And as I peered into a certain room, I knew I had found America.

There weren't any bodies in this room, just blood splatters.

A pair of different than normal mismatched eyes stared at me, one green and one red. Just as South had told me the mastermind had.

I stared at the State form of Meri's, laying on the floor against the wall with blood all over him. I could hear him breathing hard, he was vulnerable right now.

He could be very injured and unable to move.

It made a pit form in my stomach. I knew what I had to do but I didn't know if I could do it.

I walked towards him and he slowly looked up at me.

"Are you alright?" I hesitantly asked.

"What do you think?" he asked sarcastically, but it made him smile. And I knew in that moment that Meri was the one in control, not whichever State he had taken the form of.

There was a pause between us, Meri recovering while I didn't know what to say next.

"Where's your dad?" he asked, in a huff of breath.

"Busy, it's just you and me" I answered.

"Oh good, I'd be done for if he caught me now" he said, sighing in relief. "Unless you arrest me, that is" he added.

"Are you?" he asked.

I didn't know what to say at first, but then it came to me.

"I don't want to" I admitted.

He looked up at me in a bit of surprise, staring into my eyes.

Then he let his head fall back against the ground, relaxing.

I guess he trusted my word.

"Then what's going to happen?" he asked, managing to raise and hold his hand out to me.

I took the hint and walked over to hold it, sitting down next to him to make it easier on his arm.

"I'd be caught so quickly with these injuries, they'll sentence me to death while they have the chance" he explained.

"And I can't transform like this" he added with a heavy sigh. "Nor can I call for any of my help" he said.

We stayed in silence for a few moments, he looked to have given up, but I wasn't no quitter.

"Can you promise me something?" I asked.

"That depends" he answered, giving me a grin, and I could hear the thumping of the golden retriever tail of the State form hitting the floor as it wagged.

+Timeskip, sponsored by cliffhangers+

My father arrived, I couldn't do anything now.

He arrested America and a team was brought in to restrain him, they carried him out of the building on a stretcher but chained him down to it with anti-magic handcuffs.