Chapter 33 (Storm)

Thump

I blinked my eyes open, having been woken by the sound of something being dropped on the ground.

"Aw, thank Thor!" Snotlout exclaimed, "Where's the help?" I glanced up, rubbing sleep from my eyes as I sat up. Hiccup and Toothless seemed to have returned, Hiccup having been the one that dropped something. That something was a sack filled with the fruits indigenous to this island.

"No one's here. And no one's coming." Hiccup claimed.

"What? You can't be serious."

"Oh, I brought something way better than backup." Hiccup said, holding up one of the fruits.

"Really, Hiccup? Sorry, but that fruit isn't going to be my last meal, no matter how delicious and juicy it is." Snotlout claimed, crossing his arms as he turned away, "And, it is juicy and delicious. Give it to me. I want it." I sighed, shaking my head at him as I stood up.

"Snotlout's right, Hiccup. How exactly is fruit supposed to help us?" I asked, swatting Snotlout's hand.

"Listen, the Sentinel dragons ignored us, but reacted to the sound of me getting on Toothless. The Sentinels easily picked fruit from the tree, not because they could see it, but because they could smell it."

"They're blind." Melia clarified, coming to stand beside me.

"So they must hunt using their other senses. Smell, sound-"

"Exactly. So, we cover ourselves in this stuff, cover our dragons in it. We'll smell just like the Sentinels." Hiccup explained.

"And should be able to fly right outta here." Fishlegs added.

"No offense, Hiccup, but as great as this plan sounds, I'm not really jumping at the idea of smelling like a fruit." I complained.

"And, some of the dragons don't like the idea of getting sticky substances in between their claws and scales." Melia added, Lilac, Starfire, and Hookfang all growling in what I assumed was agreement.

"Sorry, guys, but this is the best plan we've got. We'll wash it off as soon as we get out of here. Promise." Melia and I exchanged looks at Hiccup's words before joining the others around the sack of fruit, each of us taking one. Unfortunately, trying to break the tough skin of these fruits was no easy feet. Not even Snotlout or I could break it, and we were probably the strongest of the group. I glanced at Snotlout, watching as he tried to squish the fruit between his hands. Scratch that, Snotlout is nowhere near as strong as I am. 

"Ow." Ruffnut cried, grabbing our attention. It seemed Ruff and Tuff had cracked the secret of piercing the fruit. Smashing it against another person with high speed and force. Snotlout laughed, immediately throwing his fruit at Hiccup. Hiccup ducked, but that didn't mean the fruit hadn't hit a target.

"Oh, no, you did not." Astrid remarked, throwing her fruit in retaliation, the juicy plant striking Snotlout in the face. I laughed at my brother's misfortune, only to be struck in the back by another fruit. I spun around to see Melia laughing, her hand void of fruit.

"Oh, you backstabber! This means war!" I cried, throwing my fruit at her. She ducked, the fruit striking Lilac instead. With that, a full-blown food fight began, all of us throwing the fruit at each other and our dragons. This lasted for about an hour until finally, the sack was emptied of all fruits.

"Alright. Let's go this." Astrid said.

"Now, remember, we have to act like them or it won't work. That means no talking, no playing around, no firing. And, yes, Tuff, most of those were for you and your sister." Hiccup claimed, shooting a look at the Twins.

"Here I thought profiling was beneath you, Hiccup." I rolled my eyes, mounting Starfire alongside everyone else and taking off. The Sentinels instantly reacted, taking off from their perches to fly alongside us. They flew close, sniffing us, but they didn't attack. Even Melia didn't seem worried which I took as a good sign.

"Hey, we're flyin' here!" Snotlout suddenly exclaimed, Hookfang roaring as he set ablaze. Great.

"Keep going. I'll get Snotlout." Hiccup called, Toothless looping back.

"But-"

"Just go, Astrid." Hiccup ordered as he flew past us. We waited until we were about half a mile away before turning back to watch as Hiccup and Toothless drove the Sentinels away from Snotlout and Hookfang, but it wasn't enough. The Sentinels were looping back, flying straight for Hiccup and Snotlout. 

"Guys, look!" Melia shouted, pointing towards the island just as a roar echoed through the sky. The Eruptodon flew towards Hiccup and Snotlout, blocking the Sentinels' path to them. The Eruptodon then flew away from Hiccup and Snotlout, the Sentinels following it.

"It's allowing them a chance to escape." I cried, relieved that my brother and cousin were okay.

"And, to the end, and for all eternity, it shall be known as the Great Protector. Our Great Protector." Tuffnut remarked, jotting something down in his book.

"Nice, Tuff. Very nice." Hiccup commented as they joined us.

"Now, I just need to finish the chapter on the island's charm, and how it's impossible to leave. Get it?" I watched as Melia and Hiccup exchanged glances. "Like I said, this thing writes itself." Tuff claimed, only for Toothless to shoot the book with a small plasma blast, burning it up on impact. "Hiccup, the profiler, and Toothless, the censorship chieftain." 

"Maybe. But no one can ever know about this island. Sorry." Hiccup claimed, before flying off towards the Edge, everyone else following suit. I paused, glancing back at Melia, watching as she took one last look at Vanaheim before coming to join me.

"So what did you think about seeing the final resting place of dragons?" I asked. Melia sighed, glancing over her shoulder once more.

"It was beautiful." she claimed.

"Yeah." I agreed, glancing back as well, " I suppose it was."

<And, with that, the Vanaheim episode is finished, which means... 

MY FAVORITE EPISODE IS NEXT! I'm so excited to get to work on this next episode for multiple reasons. 

One of them being that I'll finally get to introduce our 3rd perspective. 

Can you guess who it is?

Anyway, thank you for reading and I'll see you in the next one!>