Chapter 68 (Storm/Melia/Viggo)

{Storm's POV}
"Dagur, Heather, Ruff, and Tuff, engage with the Wingmaidens. Full frontal attack." Astrid called out as we flew towards the armada.

"A little engagement for our engagement. I like it."

"Nothing like a full frontal attack to kick the day into high gear." Tuffnut claimed.

"I'm with you, brother!"

"And I'm with you, brother." Heather added, nodding to Dagur. With that, they dove towards the ships, ready to fight.

"Spitelout, Snotlout, Storm, you three outflank them on the northern side, then squeeze. Got it?"

"Oh, we'll squeeze 'em, all right." Snotlout replied.

"Like a ripe tomato under me armpit." Dad agreed.

"Hey, Dad, it's fun to be doing this with you."

"Nothing like a good all Jorgensen battle to start the morning off right, aye?"

"Took the words right out of my mouth, you two. Couldn't be happier to be your wingman!" Snotlout and our dad dove ahead, but I paused, glancing over my shoulder.

"Hey, Astrid? What about Lilac and Lieptr?" I asked, pointing the two Striker Class dragons following behind.

"They're with me. You too, Fishlegs." I nodded and dove after my family, following Astrid's instructions, taking out ships and flyers, and driving hunters from the island.

{Melia's POV}
I watched as the hunters continuously failed to wrangle the King of Dragons. Some hunters tried to escape and save themselves, but Krogan wouldn't let them.

"I told you to leave!" The King roared, knocking his tusks into the ice. The ice began to shatter and fall, one landing on a poor hunter who couldn't get out of the way in time, making me wince.

"Melia." I turned to Shade, seeing the King of Dragons growling. "It's almost time. When I give the word, run to me." I glanced to the side, seeing Saiya notching another arrow to fire at the King of Dragons. She had released me only moments ago, deciding to help given the failures of their hunters and seeing that I had no where to go, she seemed to deem it okay to leave me alone. Little did she know... Suddenly, light illuminated the cavern, drawing my attention to the King. He was charging a blast it seemed, an extremely powerful one given the intensity of its glow. "Now, Melia! Run!" At that, I quickly bolted from my spot, running past Johann without a care and towards Shade and the King, diving at her just as the King released its powerful blast. A biting cold washed over me, wind whipping my hair as I took cover on the ground. I didn't feel all that cold however as the blast washed over me and landed behind. No, I felt warm. Warmth built up inside as I felt a sharp pain deep within my shoulder blades and my lower back before fading away, a weight falling across my back. I blinked as the blast ended, moving my hands from over my head to the floor, bracing them on the cool stone as I lifted myself onto my hands and knees. I was about to lift myself to my feet, deciding ignore the torn ropes around my wrist, when something caught my eyes. My nails were longer, sharper, almost like claws, and they were black in color, as were the ends of my fingertips. My conscious mind felt movement in my body, limbs that never existed, yet I could feel their presence and weight. I turned my head, catching sight of a Night Fury's tail, tail fins and all, swishing along the ground behind me, the feeling of the cold stone against its scales present in my sense. There were also large black dragon's wings folded against my back which I quickly tested my instincts with. As predicted, they opened wide before folding shut against my back once more, all on command.

"Hello, little dragon." I jumped at the voice of the King, quickly scrambling to my feet as I face him.

"I... I don't-"