Chapter 67 (Viggo/Melia)

{Viggo's POV}
We had all been flying at top speed to Berserker Island, hoping to catch up with Krogan and Johann. Finally, Berserker Island was in view and just in time it seemed as the ships and flyers were only just approaching the island.

"Come on, Lieptr, let's-"

"Viggo, wait!" Hiccup called, having Toothless fly in front of Lieptr, blocking us off. "We have to be smart about this." Hiccup was right. I wasn't thinking clearly with Melia on my mind. I took a deep breath before turning to Hiccup.

"Alright. What do you suggest then?" Hiccup nodded, glancing back at the island.

"Dragon's can't fly over the island. Something drives them off. I'm almost certain Dagur's going to use that to his advantage."

"So, Dagur will attack the ships once the Singetails veer off course?"

"Exactly, which means we leave the ships to him and focus on the flyers." Hiccup explained, turning Toothless towards Berserker Island. "Follow my lead." Toothless flew towards the island with the rest of us following behind them, circling around to the back of the island. When we were only a few meters out, Hiccup had Toothless fly up towards the peek of the island's mountains. "Keep climbing! We'll surprise them at the top." Just as we made it to the top of the mountain's peek, so did Krogan's flyers. Toothless immediately dove towards the flyers, blasting one out of the sky. "Krogan, this ends now!" Hiccup shouted, blasting more flyers off of their Singetails. The rest of us joined blasting and knocking flyers off their Singetails. I noticed the Twins leaving a trails of Zippleback gas behind as they flew over Krogan, bringing a smile to my face.

"Yeah! How do you like us now, Krogey?"

"Mind if I have a go?" I asked as I flew up beside them. The Twins exchanged a look, their lips splitting into wide grins.

"Have at it, Vigster!"

"Lieptr, would you do the honors?" Lieptr roared, electricity sparking across his scales before he let out a small charge, the spark igniting the Zippleback gas left behind.

"Here's a little singe to go along with that tail." Unfortunately, Krogan had his Singetail roll out of the way, but we weren't done. We all turned and moved our dragons into position around Krogan, blocking him off from flying anywhere but back to the ships. Krogan glanced around at all of us, his gaze landing on Hiccup for only a moment before shifting towards me. I was wearing my face mask and hood as I always did when flying, but as Krogan's eyes locked with my hard gaze, he knew exactly who I was. Krogan smirked at me for only a moment before flying back towards the ships. I watched as he left, my grip on Lieptr's saddle becoming tight as I fought the urge to fly after him.

"Viggo?"

"They have her." I said, turning to face Storm. "Krogan all but confirmed that they have Melia."

"We'll get her back, Viggo." Hiccup said, drawing my gaze to him. "We won't stop till she's safe, but for right now, we need to regroup. Come on." I watched as Hiccup and the others dived down towards the island, sparing a glance towards the ships before following after them.

{Melia's POV}
I grit my teeth as Saiya bound the rope around my wrists tighter, making sure I wouldn't be able to escape them.

"Krogan's lost it, you know that, right?" I told her.

"I mean, who believes Dragon Whisperer's are real? They're just children's stor-" Saiya tugged my bindings, pulling me face to face with her as she glared at me.

"You need to learn to shut your mouth." I glared back at her, but kept quiet, turning to glance around the ship. Everyone seemed to be preparing to travel to Berserker Island by boat, seeing as they figured out the hard way dragons couldn't fly over the island. I continued to glance around until I locked eyes with someone. My eyes widened only for a second when I spotted Hunter standing on the other end of the deck with Sunspot. Hunter glanced around quickly before facing me again, nodding in my direction. Before I could even think to respond, Crimson suddenly landed in the middle of the ship, drawing my attention. I quickly glanced at Hunter to see him mount Sunspot before turning back to Krogan, watching as he dismounted and stormed up to Saiya and me.