Loving Us Right Now (2/3)

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚:Pov

I sit at my desk. Chad is supposed to pick up Ava from preschool. She's 4 and looks almost exactly like Me. She has Chad's eyes and his jaw line. My phone starts to ring and I see it's her teacher. I answer.

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚: Hello?

𝐌𝐬. 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧: Hi, Veronica. Um- We dismissed 45 minutes ago and No one has come to pick Ava up.

(Veronica furrows her brows looking at her calendar. Seeing it is the day Chad is supposed to get her)

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚: Chadwick hasn't came and got her?

𝐌𝐬. 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧: No, he has not.

(Veronica sighs and softly smiles)

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚: Okay, I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll be down. He was supposed to come get her, because I'm supposed to work over time.

(Ms. Laten chuckles as she looks at Ava waiting as she colors)

𝐌𝐬. 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐧: Yeah he hasn't been down. But, don't worry about it.

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚: Thank you. I'll be down in 10 minutes.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐝:Pov

I rub her ass as we make out. I start to kiss down her neck. As she presses her cheek against mine. She lets out moans.
"Don't stop." She moans. I chuckle as I suck probably leaving marks.
"No problem babe. Just cover them." I whisper in her ear. As I start biting her ear. She lets out a scream moan.

~ Later ~

𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚:Pov

I walk to her doorframe. Her tucked in. I stop at the light switch.
"Night Night Mommy." She says. I smile softly.
"Goodnight, Mi Amor. Sleep tight, okay? If you have an other nightmare. Come get
me, okay?" I ask softly. She nods. I check everything off before I walk out. Gave her a bath, Check. Made dinner, Check. Gave her a kiss, Check. Tucked her in, Check. Asked Chad how was work- No check. I turn off the light and I pull the door shut leaving a crack. He hasn't been home at all. I texted him I made Dinner and that I wanted to talk. It seems more and more he never wants to come home, at all. He is always working over. I trust him so I have nothing to worry about. But I wish he was here when I put our daughter to bed. And that he at least could have picked her up. I walk out and I start washing the dishes. I hear the door open and close. I hear a sigh and I look to the right and Chad walks in. He looks at me. He is out of breath and sweaty. His Suit coat is over his arm.
"Did you run?" I ask. He looks at me and furrows his brows. Then nods. I nod. I dry my hands. And I look at him, putting a hand on my hip as I lean on the sink.
"What's for dinner?" He asks.
"You mean what was for dinner?" I ask. He looks at me.
"I missed dinner?" He asks. I nod.
"You at least could have waited." He snaps.
"Well, If you didn't know. Whether your here or not, I have to feed our daughter and put her to bed." I say he looks at me and rolls his eyes.
"You know you forgot to pick her up today." I add. He looks at me. His face goes pale and he gulps.
"A heads up would've been nice? Instead of looking like shitty parents to the school, because you never went to pick her up. And them having to call me telling me she has been there for almost an hour waiting?" I ask. He looks at me.
"Where were you?" I ask.
"Work." He says. I raise my brows.
"You know she's old enough to understand your not home. And it makes her feel like you don't care." I say. He shrugs. I scoff.
"Who cares. She's 4." He says.
"She's your daughter, Chadwick." I say. He looks at me.
"Is she?" He asks. I look at him.
"You really think I would cheat after all we have been through, Chadwick. All time low, for a Husband." I say. He slaps his fist on the island. I flinch.
"Call me that again." He says.
"What is your problem? Are you drunk?" I ask.
"You wanna know the truth Veronica!?" He shouts.
"Keep your voice down." I say.
"I've been hooking up with My Partner. That's why I'm gone. That's why I'm sweaty and out of breath. That's why I forgot to pick her up. Because she was giving me the best damn sex of my life. Which you never give me. I don't love you or her. I don't care what you two do. I don't. Just I want a divorce. And We're done!" He shouts. My heart broke into a million different pieces and they all fell on the floor and was stomped on. Like it was nothing. Like I was nothing. Like She was nothing. A sob leaves my body. He looks at me and tears leave his eyes.
"No, Babe I didn't mea-" He says and I hold up my hand walking away my hand over my mouth under my nose.
I go up the stairs.
"Babe, I didn't mean too!" He shouts. I go in the bathroom and I press my back against the door as I slide door sobbing.

♡︎

♡︎

♡︎

♡︎

♡︎

♡︎

𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔! 𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔! 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕!
𝑿𝒐𝑿𝒐, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 ~ 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒚♡︎