Chapter Six

All I got was a look of shock. "What?" I smiled a bit at him. "I do want to go out on a date Caleb. It's just that this is still a new town for me. Maybe sometime in the future." Dating someone would defiantly lead him to me. Part of the reason I wanted to stay a loner was so he never caught up to me. He always did though because the minuet I felt safe he found me.

Sam nods at me. I could see the disappointment on his face. "Okay. I get it. Can I at least walk with you to class?" Everything about my body was screaming that I shouldn't have said no to him. But I smiled and nodded my head. "I would like that."

So he walked me to class and we talked. For the first time since I came to town I laughed. Caleb was so sweet and funny.
"So my older brother Jake tried to shoot a squirrel but ended up shooting my foot. That was probably one of my favorite memories of a family trip."

I laughed a bit at this. "That sounds very horrible." My British accent slipped out a bit. Crap! I knew Caleb noticed because his eyebrow raised.
"Didn't you say that you were from the south? You sound more like you are from England." All of the blood running through me left. I quickly slipped into my American accent.

"Oh.....um" How was I going to explain this to him? "We should head to class." Quickly I walk to class. The class passed at a snails pace but when the bell rang I was the first one out of the class and to the parking lot.

When I saw my car I saw that my tires were slashed. Damn it! When I was sure no one was looking I used my magic to fix my car tires then drove away.

When I got home I had to sprint and just barley made it to the bathroom before I had to vomit. What the hell? I never get sick. Every time I thought about it I vomited again. What could be causing this?

I was burning with a fever at this point and everything was just coming up.

Time didn't seem to matter anymore. I couldn't tell that it was passing. What was time? "Ariralana?" Father called me but I was too weak to answer. I just emptied the contents of my stomach again.

I barely noticed when my father came in and picked me up. "Rest now Ariralana." I felt him set me down in my bed and pull covers over me.

Soon darkness fell over me and I didn't fight it.