Chapter Twenty Six

"No!" My voice broke as I screamed. "Caleb! Caleb talk to me!" Blood was gurgling out of his mouth. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I yelled at Nicolae. "YOU WILL REGRET THIS! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO I WILL KILL YOU!" I fired my magic at him and pulled the sword out of Caleb's back.

"I hate you!" Nicolae just laughed. "You can't kill me. You literally just gave up the power you needed to do that, and for what? For a boy who made you feel some affection? Guess what my dear Ariralana, you're the reason he is dying now." Pain ripped a hole in me. He was right in a way.

"No. You drove the sword through his heart! You put the hit on him!" I swung my sword at him going for a wounding shot. He used his magic to make a sword appear out of thin air. The woods shook with the clang of metal. "Your form has improved much my dear Ariralana."

Clear head. Clear head. I tried to chant to myself. My head wasn't clear though. With Caleb running out of time and Nicolae being here and being his usual asshole self it was hard. "You have no idea how mad you've made me Nicolae. Don't you know? Never threaten a 1000 year old witch's love." I swung my sword at him more and more.

Each blow I made at him he blocked. Both of us were mastered swordsmen but my rage fueled me like his willingness to ruin my life fueled him. "Rage is blinding you Ariralana. Rage and love." With a spin I drove my sword at him. It was a narrow block but he blocked it.

Our swords kept banging at each other. Neither one of us ever got the upper hand in this fight. When ever we physically fought we always had this unsaid agreement that we wouldn't use magic because it used up too much energy and no one would win.

My form was starting to weaken as was his. We could see it in each other's eyes. "We could try this the easy way Ariralana. Forget the boy and come with me. I really don't want to kill you dear.

"You underestimate me Nicolae. It's time you learned your place." I rose my sword right above my head and brought it down. Nicolae couldn't block it fast enough. My sword sliced his throat and blood started pouring out of the wound.

My next move was to his heart. The sword pierced his skin before he kicked me back. "You haven't seen the last of me Ariralana!" Nicolae screamed as he ran into the night. The adrenaline pumping through me before had died down and I finally noticed the gash across my stomach.

Despite the injury I dragged my body over to my dying lover.

Authors note:

This chapter is purposely short because I needed some bridge between the last one and the next one.