Chapter Eleven

Everything just stopped.

He kissed me! He actually kissed me! It was one of those nice kisses though. His lips were warm and sweet on mine. Maybe I could make this work. It was he who pulled away. The shyness on him now was so cute. "Sorry. I....um..." I just shake my head.

"Don't be Caleb. It's fine." It was more then fine actually. It was perfect! He was perfect. I just wish I could kiss him again.

"So...um....Do you want to go to the masquerade ball with me next week?" Blush spread rapidly. "Yes. I would love to go with you Caleb." How could today be more perfect?! Caleb kissed me and we are going to the ball together. "Alison," Damn it! My father always ruins the moment! "Yes?"

"It's time to go. Say goodbye." This time my father stayed but he just grabbed my stuff.

"So....I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Or you could see me tonight when I pick you up for a date."

"Pushing our luck now aren't we?" Caleb just chuckled.  "Defiantly. So what do you say?"

"Sure."

"Alright. Ware something casual."

"Alright. See you at seven?" Caleb just gave me this half smile that made me . "Yes." I smile then I leave. He follows me. As we step into the elevator I can't help but think how perfect the day was. I can't believe how much I was starting to enjoy life.

Suddenly he pulled me into his arms as the elevator lurched to a stop. "What was that for?"

"Just something felt off." Ah. Hunters senses. "Well, yeah. The elevator stopped." He still held me in his arms. But I wanted to be there. It felt more right then anything. It almost felt like that I had been held in those arms so many times before. When I turned to look into his eyes I was lost. Those emerald eyes were too perfect.

This time it was I who kissed him. I felt this thing stirring inside me. It was like I never wanted this moment to end. I had him all alone and I didn't even need to draw him in magically.

He came to me.

When he pulled away he did it with a laugh. "Now who is pushing their luck?" I actually stand there and brush hair behind my ear looking away from him.

"Sorry."

"Hey, it's fine. We are stuck in this elevator. All alone. Just the two of us." Then he smirked and raised an eyebrow in a seductive way. I just playfully punch him. He full out laughs.

"Believe it or not Mr. Adams but I do have some morals."

"Ah. You are one of those wait till marriage people."

"No. I'm one of those not in a broken down elevator people." Once again his laugh rang through the whole elevator.

That laugh! So sweet and kind. It was the kind of laugh I didn't expect a hunter to have. This was a laugh that was of pure joy. Most hunters have a bit of an evil laugh. "Probably the funniest thing I've ever heard Ms. Gilbert."

A laugh escapes my lips. "Hard to believe someone can resist your charms when in a closed space?"

"No, more like I wonder why there aren't more girls like you. So many would have just said screw it and done it. But not you." I blush. "Maybe it's because you completely mesmerize woman." Ugh! Why did he have to be so perfect? "I don't think it's that."

Before I could say anything the elevator started up again. I was actually saddened by that. For the first time I actually felt like a normal girl. The elevator doors opened and we stepped out. "I'll see you later."

"Wait!" I run to him and hand him a pice of paper with my number on it. "It's my number."

"Well then, I'll guard it with my life." I swear that sometimes he just said things to make me laugh. "And here is my number Ali."

"Thanks." With a smile he left. It took me a moment to come back to reality but when I did I saw a small leather bag.

A hex bag! Really?! Could I catch a break? This was placed right by the elevator. If it was placed there this wasn't an accident. I was being watched. And if I was being watched I knew exactly who would do something like that.

He really was here. He had found me. This time there was no escape.