Chapter One: This got "fun."

The lights flashing and glaring on my skin. The world wanting a piece of my life. The problem I caused when I met a man. Not just a man but a man that changed my life forever. He led me through his lifestyle and his way of living. This one of a kind man's name is Nate Ruess.

It all started in the begining of December. On a cold winter night after entering a diner from a long days work.

"What may I get you tonight?" The waitress asked.

"A cup of coffee and a breakfast combo with extra syrup for the pancakes."

"You know it's 6:00 pm ma'm?"

"Yes I do..." I replied calmly.

The waitress walked away with the order in her hand giving it to the chef that was near by the distressed and dirty counter.

Ding,Ding! I hear the bells of the opening door. I see 3 men. One man had glasses. The other had a trench coat. The last man was tall and had large but gentle hands.

Laughter was all that I heard of these men. I wondered why.

"Here you are..." The waitress put my food and coffee on the table.

"Thank You"

As I started putting sugar into my coffee,I feel an intense stare. So I looked around for any suspicions. For my wonderings got an answer. The man with the coat was gazing at me from afar, 3 tables down to be exact.

A couple of minutes later I've managed to finish my food and drink. I was going to put money next by the check, the only thing that was stopping me was well...I couldn't find my wallet.

"Waitress, I apologize but I can't find my money to pay you back"

"Ok then, no money come to the back and wash dishes" she answered ferociously.

"I could just call someone to get my wallet for me" I suggested.

"No, we'll pay..."

I heard a man's voice that was smooth but demanding. To my surprise it was the man with the coat with his 2 other friends.

"It's the least we can do for a nice young lady like her" said the man with the broad hands.

"Thank You" I told them as I was walking to the door.

As I opened the door the 3 men were behind me.

"Do you need a ride home?" The man with the glasses asked.

"No, I can get a taxi"

"I can't let you do that"

"Why?" I wondered

"Because we guys wanna help."

"By the way I'm Jack, this is Nate and Andrew" Jack added.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Katherine"

"Wait, I've seen you before...you're fun." I eagerly noted.

"Yeah, you're familiar with us?" Nate questioned.

"Of coarse, why didn't I notice before?" Katherine thought.

"So come with us, we'll take you home" Andrew confirmed.

As Jack got into the front of the van to drive. Nate opened the back door to let me get inside. Andrew went to the trunk to put their take out food inside. Once everyone was seated, Jack started to reverse to get out of the parking.

"Where do you live?" Jack asked.

"Not far, 2 streets to your left and one right turn until you see a tall apartment building."

"Alright then"

Everything was in total silence in the van. As you guys know in New York the traffic was terrible and it was noisy out there. The time was hitting 7:30 fast.

To break the silence I asked Andrew what instrument he plays...

"I play piano for the band if that's what you are mostly wondering about"

This is getting awkward...

Bump! "Geez, so much bumps in the roads today" Jack said.

When that bumped happened it was the most magical thing. Nate's hand touch mine...AHHH!

"Hello, Katherine Hellooo? Snap out of it we're here" Nate explained.

I shook my head "Really, oh, ok thank you for taking me home, it means a lot"

"No problem" Jack answered.

When I got out of the van I "accidentally" dropped my phone number and address in the van.

"Bye!" They shouted as they drove off.

"Bye!" I yelled back.