Chapter Fourteen: "Where is he?"

It wasn't very long for Nate and Katherine to have so much powerful chemistry. You can ask anyone on the cruise. It was that loud and the bangs on the wall didn't even help the couple next door to even sleep.

Once they finished their passionate love-making, they just cuddled up next to eachother.

"Nate that was um...well, for my first time it was outstanding" Katherine said.

"It wasn't hard to notice it was your first time. You were so ti..." Nate was interrupted by Katherine. "Nate can you get any more immature?"

"What do you mean? I was going to say you were timid" Nate replied.

"Oh, um nevermind" Katherine blushed. Nate kissed her forehead and thought in a couple of years this will be his future wife, the one and only.

It was already to be the next morning. Katherine woke up early to surprise Nate with a cake.

"Babe, wake up" Katherine said.

"huh?" Nate rubbed his eyes.

"Happy Birthday!" Katherine placed the cake infront of him with the candle lit.

Nate blew the candle and smiled a huge smile.

"Thank you, love" Nate told Katherine.

"Whatcha wish for?" Katherine asked.

"It wouldn't be a wish if I told ya, wouldn't it?"

"I suppose" Katherine got up from the bed and picked up the cake to cut it in perfectly shaped squares.

Nate got up and went into the bathroom to freshen up. Later in the afternoon they were heading for the bar for a celebration.

"You ready hun?" Katherine asked.

"Yeah, just give me a sec" Nate responded.

He came out in a blazer with a V neck t-shirt underneath, wearing skinny jeans and on his feet were loafers.

"Mmmm, looking sharp" Katherine pointed out.

"Don't I know it!" Nate replied. They both laughed and headed out the door to the bar on the cruise.

"Now, I know how you love to drink so I'll be watching you" Nate teased.

"You know how long ago that was. I'm so over it" Katherine punched Nate in the arm playfully. As they sat down someone tapped Nate's shoulder.

"Hey, long time no see" It was Rachel!

Katherine hoped she wouldn't start this and especially on his birthday.

"Rachel what are you doing here?" Nate asked.

"Mitchel wanted a vacation to celebrate the birth of our daughter" Rachel replied.

"I see" Katherine said with a skeptical smile. "Nate I have to do something important. I forgot to sign a couple of things up at the front desk. It will take me a couple of minutes" Katherine explained. She kissed Nate on the cheek and left to continue her duties.

Katherine trusted Nate with other woman because he respected her. At least she thought that.

"Nate wanna come to a party the cruise is having in the back? It's amazing and Mitchel is there if you want to say hi" Rachel asked.

Nate thought hard about it. He didn't want to fall into Rachel's traps. He still remembers what she did to him. He can't just ignore it, it hit him aggressively in the heart.

"I don't think I can go without Katherine know..." Nate was caught off by Rachel.

"C'Mon it'll be fun!" Rachel suggested.

Nate thought 'What will go wrong. It's just a party with her husband. I'll talk about it with Katherine later'. He shook his head in agreement.

"Great! Follow me" Rachel signaled Nate to tag along.

The music was playing really loud. At least it wasn't terrible music. Nate followed Rachel at a table where Mitchel was sitting at. She sat next by Mitchel and Nate sat next by Rachel.

"This is Nate. The one I talked about" Rachel told Mitchel.

"How can I forget. You attacked me on the floor" Mitchel said.

"Well, only because you were having sex with my ex-girlfriend Rachel" Nate fought back.

"How could I forget?" Mitchel said sarcastically. Rachel broke up the fight,

"Woah, there let's order some drinks"

Katherine went back to the bar but didn't see Nate. "Where could he be?" she said to herself. She wondered all over the place and couldn't find him. Katherine gave up and went back to their room. Nate was a grown man, she trusted him.