Chapter Twenty: Not The End

Two days after the wonderful moment Nate proposed to Katherine, they were on the works of discussing where the wedding should be held.

"How about in Tokyo? Sounds fun right?" Katherine said joking.  

"Very funny but I think it would be best if we could get married near the place we met" Nate suggested.  

"The diner?"  

"Yup, right here in New York" 

"That sounds great but where are we gonna find a place near the diner?" Katherine asked.  

"There's a hotel near the diner with a beautiful venue. We can have it there" Nate replied.  

"That's wonderful!"

Later in the day Nate went to meet up with Jack and Andrew to rehearse songs for a concert the following week. They practiced all night while Katherine went out with her friend to relax at a spa.

"How did he propose, Katherine?" said Madeline, Katherine's long time friend.  

"He came up to the bedroom early in the morning tired and out of breath. He got down on one knee and proposed. The beautiful part was that he whispered I was his forever and always" Katherine replied.  

"Aww, how sweet" 

"I want to surprise him like he surprised me" Katherine said.  

"Maybe do something romantic, like you know, play it up" Madeline suggested.  

Katherine raised her eyebrow and asked, "And what do you mean by 'play it up'?"  

"Wear some lingerie, a warm bath with rose petals and candles. Maybe some soft music and you can ask him to join you" Madeline explained.  

Katherine's jaw dropped, "I can't do that. I'm not that type of girl"  

"And I wonder why he is still with you"  

"Hey, its not my fault I'm shy. Nate loves me for me. He doesn't need so much. I just want to make him feel good, that's all" 

"Have fun with that" Madeline stated.

They walked out the spa completely relaxed. Nate was still with Jack and Andrew.

"I think we should rehearse 'Why Am I the One' one more time" Nate suggested.  

"I guess you're right. We just need to do it one more time and the sound check would be good to go" Jack agreed.  

They did the song over and over until they got the sound they wanted to here. Once they finished Andrew, Jack and Nate took a small break.

"So, how's Katherine?" Andrew asked. 

"She's doing fine. She's very excited and non-stop" Nate replied.  

"Katherine said yes? Congrats man!" Jack congratulated.  

"Yeah, have fun with her. Lots of fun!" Andrew joked.  

"Haha, I'm sure of that" Nate agreed.  

"I totally agree but now it's getting late" Jack pointed out.  

"You're right, Katherine is probably waiting for me. Bye" Nate said as he walked through the door.

Nate arrived at home and Katherine was on the couch sleeping. Nate went towards Katherine and sat next by her. He leaned forward to kiss her check. He slowly went down her neck and then kissed her lips.  

Katherine opened her eyes and kissed Nate back.

"Morning my love" Nate said.  

"What do you mean morning? It's only 11:00 at night" Katherine said giggling.  

Nate laughed and replied, "I know, you silly goose" 

Katherine sat up straight on the couch and took Nate's hand to kiss it.  

"I love you" Nate told Katherine. It was getting late in the night but it wasn't to hard for these to love birds to connect.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nate Ruess the man of my life I will never forget. Together we stay strong and together we can change the world. Nothing may never come between us because our love is everlasting.

I'm Katherine Amore and my life will never be like before. Truly this is not the end but over all, Nate is officially The Man Who Changed My Life.

-The End-