Chapter Eleven: I Need You, I Love You

That night was the night Katherine will never forget. It's been one month since that day that changed everyone's life. It's now June and not everything was the same. When Rachel told Jack she had to go. She really did. She moved to Phoenix with Mitchel to have her own life with him. Andrew now moved in with Jack and Nate ever since Rachel moved out of the house. Nate's feelings grew for Katherine. They were getting to a point where they have to be together but no one will step up to say something. Who will be the first to say 'I love you'?

"Jack, I need to ask you something?" Nate said.

"Yeah, what's up?" Jack replied.

Nate looked to the ground, "You think I'm changing? What I mean is do you think I'm different?"

"I'm sure you're the same. If it's about Rachel you should chill. She's with someone. Don't worry, there's hope" Jack patted Nate on the back.

Andrew walked in and suddenly the doorbell rang. Nate, Andrew and Jack looked at eachother.

All of them said at the same time, "One...Two...Three...NOT IT!"

Jack was the last one to say 'Not it'.

"You got to open the door Jackie" Andrew said.

"You lost" Nate stated after.

Jack looked at them with a look. It wasn't evil. It was just a look that was playful but assured them to be careful because he'll get his revenge. Jack opened the door.

"Hey!" Katherine greeted.

Jack looked up to see who it was, "Oh, hey!"

Nate and Andrew came rushing down the stairs. Nate was vibrant and glowing. He was happy to see someone who cared about him other than Jack and Andrew. Nate felt warm inside. He knew she was the one.

"What's up, girrrrl?" Andrew said as he walked up to Katherine for a hug.

"Come inside, it's getting cold" Nate explained.

Katherine took a seat on the couch. Nate, Andrew and Jack joined her.

Jack didn't waste time in the question everyone was thinking, "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to check on you guys. You know since Rachel is gone I thought I'd drop by" Katherine replied.

Nate stared at Katherine. He looked at every detail. Her hair was wavy and perfectly surrounding her face. Katherine's make-up was simple but her lips were a bright red for a pop of color. She was wearing a trench coat with knee high boots that fitted her well. Jack and Andrew noticed how Nate was watching Katherine's every move. Jack looked at Andrew and Andrew looked at Jack. They had a plan.

"I forgot! We need to buy groceries for the month coming up, Jack" Andrew said.

"I guess yes, we really do" Jack replied to Andrew.

Andrew winked at Nate, "Nate I need you to stay with Katherine. She just got here and we don't want her to wonder in the cold"

"It's alright, I can..." Jack interrupted Katherine. "No you must stay. It's the least we can do"

Nate and Katherine looked at eachother and shrugged.

"I guess I'll stay then" Katherine said.

Jack and Andrew got ready to leave to the store. They hoped that Nate can get over his fear on asking Katherine out. Andrew and Jack decided to be out for a couple of hours so Nate and Katherine can have enough time to know eachother.

It's been 25 minutes since Andrew and Jack left. Nate and Katherine sat in silence the entire time. Katherine decided to break the silence.

"You know we can talk right?" Katherine stated.

"Yeah, its just I'm a bit broken down today" Nate replied.

"It's Rachel isn't it?" Katherine spoke.

"Well, she's been a good friend ever since our break up. I'm over it" Nate explained.

"Then what is it?" Katherine asked.

Nate looked her in the eyes, "I want you, I love you"