Chapter Nineteen: Forever and Always

"You think I should do it?" Nate asked nervously.

Nate was hanging with Jack and Andrew at their house. It was early in the morning because Nate wanted to make sure of this decision he was going to make.

"Yeah, I think you should totally propose" Andrew replied.

"Whenever you're ready" Jack butted in.

"I guess you're right. You don't think it's to early for all this to happen?" Nate questioned.

"You know her for a couple of months, why not?" Andrew pointed out.

"I'm gonna tell ya a story--"

"Here we go again" Andrew said interrupting Jack.

"Geez, let me continue. Anyway, So the story begins with a man who loves to create art. He loved it so much he would draw and sketch almost anything everywhere he went. There was this opportunity at a near by city. He thought that if he waited just a bit longer, he would find something better. He didn't and lost his chance at something he loved"

Jack finished his story and Nate shook his head in understanding.

'I can't let her go. She's mine now' Nate thought. Katherine will never know what's coming to her.

"I agree with Jack. I can't let Katherine be my girlfriend...but to be my wife. I must not lose this chance" Nate explained.

Andrew put his hand on Nate's knee and said "Go get him tiger"

Nate got up from the couch and drove to a jewelry store near Jack and Andrew's house. Nate bought the most beautiful ring ever. It was gold and dazzled with three diamonds in the center.

He drove back home to his soon-to-be wife. He opened the door to his home and quickly traveled up the stairs to his bedroom. Katherine was already awake reading a book. She turned to see Nate out of breath.

"Are you ok?" Katherine asked.

"No need to ask because I'm making a risk that can change are relationship forever" Nate replied.

Katherine was puzzled but got the hint when Nate got on one knee and gestured her to come closer to him. He took her hand and looked her straight in the eyes. Katherine was already starting to cry tears of joy.

"Will you marry me?" Nate asked.

"Yes" Katherine said crying.

Nate put the ring on her finger and got up to hug her. He whispered in her ear to say,"You will forever and always be mine, my love"