"𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥?"

Opening his onyx eyes, Jiro glanced around his surroundings quickly

Opening his onyx eyes, Jiro glanced around his surroundings quickly. All around him was a surrounding void of darkness, nothing in sight for miles no matter how much he squinted his eyes.

"Where is this?"

Like a raindrop, the resounding of the drop echoed throughout the void. Jiro didn't know what, but he wasn't alone in this dark place.

"This is the middle."

Whipping his head around, he was met with a man just a foot taller than him. He was clad in loose clothes that looked a bit familiar. But what caught his attention wasn't the pistol at his hip but the tinted purple ends on his white hair. His skin looked sickly pale as if he hasn't been taking care of himself, or didn't care to. The thing that made him stiffen was his soulless eyes that seemed to stare back at him, in a blank way a corpse would.

"The middle?"

The man nodded slowly, "It's the middle between the dark impulse and the freedom of what unchains it."

Jiro's brows furrowed at the term, 'Dark Impulse', "What happens in the Dark Impulse side?"

"Then you'll end up like me." The man spoke up with a hardened glare.

Eyes widening, "Like you? How-?"

He was cut off by the man who started mumbling to himself, "At this rate it'll end up like the original timeline..."

"Did you say the original timeline..??" Jiro bounded foreword, but he stiffened in his spot when the man shouted at him.

"Stop! Don't come any closer!"

"Why..?"

The man pointed his finger down at the ground with a serious gaze, "Do you not see the boundary line!?"

Looking down at his feet, Jiro just now noticed the long line that stretched out into the infinite right in front of his feet.

"The dark impulse started at such young age, how could I have forgotten..." The man started pacing back and forth, "We need to stop Shinichiro-niisan from dying or the dark impulse will only get more worse over time."

Jiro raised a brow at how he addressed his older brother, "How do you know him?"

"Who?"

"Shinichiro-niisan."

The man looked down at Jiro with a blank expression. He then placed his hand over his face, letting out a sigh, "I didn't know I was this dumb..."

Jiro tilted his head confused.

The man then pointed a finger at the boy's face, only inches from his nose, "Listen here, me. I'm a future you that was in the original timeline and ended up dying by suicide."