Defender of Paris

(Y/n's POV)

We burst into the classroom right as the kids are finding their seats. "Nino, why don't you have a seat in the front row this year?" Miss Bustier suggests. Nino begrudgingly stands up and moves into the front row.

"You can sit next to me, Gina," Marinette offers as we sit down behind Nino.

A hand suddenly slams onto our desk. I look up and spot none other than Chloe Bourgeois. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng," she starts in an annoyed tone, "and whoever you are."

I realize that she's talking to me. "I'm Gina. Gina Sakai," I say, introducing myself.  

"I don't care who you are. You guys are sitting in my seat," Chloe snobbishly declares.

"But Chloe, this has always been my seat," Marinette states.

"Not anymore. New school, new year, new seats," Sabrina explains as she suddenly appears next to me.

"So why don't you guys just go and sit beside that other new girl over there?" Chloe comments as she points to Alya. Marinette tries to protest, but Chloe cuts her off. "Adrien's arriving today, and since that's going to be his seat, this is going to be my seat. Get it?" Chloe asks in anger.

"Who's Adrien?" Marinette wonders.

Chloe and Sabrina burst into laughter. "Can you believe she doesn't know who Adrien is? What rock have you been living under?" Chloe rudely questions.

"Adrien is a famous model. His father is Gabriel Agreste," I inform her. "While I'm explaining things, let me explain something to you, Chloe. There are no assigned seats, which means that anybody can sit wherever they want. Marinette and I sat here first, and just because you're the mayor's daughter, it doesn't give you the right to kick us out of these seats. Since Marinette and I are a thousand times nicer than you, we'll move just this once, but don't expect this amount of kindness all the time if you can't give some back. Come on. Let's go say hi to the girl Chloe pointed out," I suggest, finishing my rant. I grab Marinette's wrist and begin walking toward Alya.

On the way down the stairs, Marinette trips, and most of the macarons break when they hit the ground. Marinette murmurs a small apology before standing up and walking over to me. "Everyone found a seat?" I hear Miss Bustier ask.

"That was amazing, girl!" Alya declares as I walk up to her. "You handled Chloe just like Majestia would have. She said 'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing.' Well, that girl over there is evil, and we're the good people."

"No doubt about that," I whisper.

"Here you go, guys," Marinette says, handing us each a piece of the last unbroken macaron.

"Marinette."

"Gina."

"Alya."

We all introduce ourselves as we shove our macaron piece into our mouths. "Who are the rest of the students?" I ask, pretending I don't know.

"Oh, that's Nino, Sabrina, Ivan, Nathanial, Rose, Juleka, Alix, Kim, Max, and Mylene," Marinette lists, pointing to each person in turn.

"For those who don't yet know me, I'm Miss Bustier. I'll be your teacher this year," the teacher explains, starting class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rings an hour later, signaling that the class is over. "Those of you who have PE, Mr. D'Argencourt is expecting you at the stadium. The rest of you can head over to the library," Miss Bustier tells the class.

"Kim!" Ivan suddenly shouts, looking like he's going to punch him.

Uh, oh. Here we go.

"Ivan, what is going on?" Miss Bustier asks.