mother...

guizhong. short angsty one.

"Her name...it was Guizhong, was it not?"-A

Xiao began to cry even more. That lady was a mother figure to him, and it wasnt her time yet. She's part of the reason he hates the glaze lily smell.

"Uttering my mother's name before your death was not a wise cho-."-X

"Ill say hi for you when I see her. I promise"-A

Now he was really crying hard. Aether is already sick enough that he gave up on himself, why did he need to add on to the existing pain?

"Xiao, let's go to the little field by the waterfall. You know, the one where we had a small picnic and you gave me that ring on my finger." Aether held up his hand to show the ring he was talking about.

Xiao sighed, but complied as he helped his lover get up from his bed. His golden hair flowed along with his movements with his earring glowing in the night. They soon got outside of their mansion in Aether's teapot and took a mini break for the blond couldnt walk very far. The blond couldn't make much noise either, people were sleeping.

They soon reached their special spot after so much walking and mini breaks. It was refreshing to be outside after so many weeks inside his room. Aether laid in a field of Glaze Lilies while Xiao laid in Windwheel Asters. They laid in silence, before Aether spoke again.

"Why do you hate Glaze Lilies so much?"-A

"They remind me of her. The one you mentioned earlier. She left me so effortlessly. She was my mother figure after Rex Lapis took me in, and I enjoyed my time with her."-X

Aether felt even more sad that he was dying slowly. After he's dead then Xiao is truly alone. Before his time, he must ask Paimon to stay with Xiao to keep him company. She does have a lot of time left.

The blond coughed so hard that blood was coming from his mouth. He tried to hold in his screams of fear so that no one else had to worry. Xiao saw everything and held him close, making sure that Aether feels safe again. Instead, the blond went limp in his lover's arms. He cried. For the first time in 1000 years, he was alone.

Why do the best people you meet in life always are the ones that go first?

Cries

415 words